• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WHY GUNS , CHURCH MUST MIX

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... Aron ...

Should we ignore those that support our cause of OC and RKBA just because their belief system is atheism ? I tried to a post link about this self defense and RKBA book and need helpto do it for some reason . thanks

We need short , fat , and ugly supporters too .

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Should we ignore those that support our cause of OC and RKBA just because their belief system is atheism ?
I has nothing to do with not supporting they themselves. I can object to their religion while welcoming them as fellow gun owners.However, religion and gun rights should never mix, much like religion and politics should never mix, or religion and... anything. Keep the cult stuff at home and church.

NightOwl

imported post

As nice as thatmight be, the shootings occuring in churches has brought that issue to the fore. In some areas guns aren't legally allowed in churches, so it's a problem, and religion and guns are part of the same legal fight. I don't understand why it's not up to the individual church in the first place, but it isn't that way everywhere.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
Should we ignore those that support our cause of OC and RKBA just because their belief system is atheism ?
I has nothing to do with not supporting they themselves. I can object to their religion while welcoming them as fellow gun owners.However, religion and gun rights should never mix, much like religion and politics should never mix, or religion and... anything. Keep the cult stuff at home and church.

You do know the Constitution protects "Freedom OF religion" and not "Freedom FROM religion" right? You also know that the only thing the Framers wanted was that the Government would not require or force upon its citizenry a State Government... and that in none of the Founding Documents do the words "Separation of Church and State" exist.

I myself am not a believer, but I am not going to bastardize the Constitution just to get back at those nasty religious folks.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:

There are no atheist in foxholes ! :quirky:what::quirky:quirky

grumpycoconut

imported post

Words of the prophet Heinlein,peace be upon him.

Any priest or shaman must be presumed quilty until proved innocent.

There is no conclusive evidence of life after death. But there is no evidence of any sort against it. Soon enough you will know. So why fret about it?

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.

God is omnipresent, omniscient and omnibenevolent - it says so right here on the lable. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks, please. Cash and in small bills.

One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

It's better to copulate than never.

Not the words of the Prophet Heinlein.

Invisible friends aside, the good thing about religiously oriented gun supporters is that they do fanaticism so well. The bad thing is that they do fanaticism so well.

Freedom of religion also means freedom to choose no religion at all. The key word is freedom.

No atheists in foxholes? You might be right. Fox holes are usually occupied by men whoare tryingto kill other men while trying to avoid being killed by other men. Talk about mind killing stress and fear. Sounds like a recipe for psychosis (however temporary)to me. Could it be that psychotics grab out for any remote hope of stability?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Bob Heinlein 's SciFi novels of the 1950s refused to allow society to repress noncomformist thought . I owe my antique toy robot collection to him . Having 20/20 foresight is easy if you what it to be .