• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bryco model 38, 380

lonewolf2810

imported post

Ok don't bash me for having a Bryco 380 I have heard it all. I am looking for a good CC holster for it either ankle or inside or outside pants. Just need to know where to find a good one. Thanks

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Ok not bashing here just warning you, that gun is garbage and I would never carry it for self defense. I have first hand experience with one that my friend bought a long time ago and never shot until last month. Please do your self a favor and never carry it, just bury it in in very deep grave in your backyard and invest in something that you can protect your life with!!!! PLEASE!!!

Spectre

imported post

To answer your question. The only holsters that I have found to fit the Bryco's were made by Uncle Mike's, or Blackhawk with their generic IWB socks.

*You carry what ever you want, if that's all you can afford, or all you have at the moment then so be it. Ignore the others, there will always be people who will say you should have got something else whether it be in guns, cars, or houses.*

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Spectre wrote:
To answer your question. The only holsters that I have found to fit the Bryco's were made by Uncle Mike's, or Blackhawk with their generic IWB socks.

*You carry what ever you want, if that's all you can afford, or all you have at the moment then so be it. Ignore the others, there will always be people who will say you should have got something else whether it be in guns, cars, or houses.*

Sorry to disagree but to actually promote that someone carry a Bryco 380, either means that they have NO background with this POS or they are a fool. Those guns are the most unreliable ever made!!! Please do yourself a favor and NEVER carry that gun to protect your life!!!

I do not know you and I am not out here promoting any other gun. I just have experience with those guns and I would never ever want anyone to find out what kind of gun it really is when your life depends on it!!!!

Spectre

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
Spectre wrote:

Sorry to disagree but to actually promote that someone carry a Bryco 380, either means that they have NO background with this POS or they are a fool. Those guns are the most unreliable ever made!!! Please do yourself a favor and NEVER carry that gun to protect your life!!!

I do not know you and I am not out here promoting any other gun. I just have experience with those guns and I would never ever want anyone to find out what kind of gun it really is when your life depends on it!!!!

Exactly you don't know me, and you don't know the experience I have with fire arms. Secondly you don't know the OP either and don't know the situation as to why he carries a Bryco nor do you know what the OP has done with his gun to make it reliable; or maybe he was lucky and got one that works 100% right out of the box.

I do not like Bryco either and my self would never carry or own one, but there are always extenuating circumstances as to why a person carries the gun the do no matter the quality or lack there of. I have also known folks who owned a gun made by Bryco/Jennings/Lorcin/Raven/High Point and have had no problems with there gun.

To tell another person to not carry their firearm because of a possiblity no matter how common or uncommon makes you no better a fool or snob then any of the "Glock/1911/Sig/Colt Only" crowd. Get off your high horse and get some facts together before going off on a tangent that doesn't even pertain to the question/conversation at hand.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Spectre wrote:
THE LOVER wrote:
Spectre wrote:

Exactly you don't know me, and you don't know the experience I have with fire arms. Secondly you don't know the OP either and don't know the situation as to why he carries a Bryco nor do you know what the OP has done with his gun to make it reliable; or maybe he was lucky and got one that works 100% right out of the box.

I do not like Bryco either and my self would never carry or own one, but there are always extenuating circumstances as to why a person carries the gun the do no matter the quality or lack there of. I have also known folks who owned a gun made by Bryco/Jennings/Lorcin/Raven/High Point and have had no problems with there gun.

To tell another person to not carry their firearm because of a possiblity no matter how common or uncommon makes you no better a fool or snob then any of the "Glock/1911/Sig/Colt Only" crowd. Get off your high horse and get some facts together before going off on a tangent that doesn't even pertain to the question/conversation at hand.

Yes !! tell them not to carry a gun that is notorious for failure!!! As for calling me any kind of gun snob becauseI have experience with that POS brand and model, Now that is real intelligent. To the OP this idiot might get you killed. I am just trying to save your LIFE get something that is reliable. Or follow this fools advice and get your holster, and pray a whole lot thatthe POSworks when you need it!!!

AS for the idiot giving you advice on carrying crap He must be a BRYCO salesman!!

Spectre

imported post

And yet for some reason I am still the only one to answer the OP's question to the best of my ability. *rolls eyes*

Oh and Lover go frak yourself. I would never advocate that POS gun. Some people though don't have the means to get anything else. You use what you have. You don't forgo protecting yourself because others tell you to get something else or others wouldn't use the firearms you have. He probably knows to get something else, but can't get anything else YET.

lonewolf2810

imported post

Well for everyone's information I can afford what I want and all I was asking is about a holster and I know all about the gun in ? so let it go. First of all if I want to own this gun that is up to me and not any other person to decide. If you would read what I posted you would have just answered the ?. If anyone needs to know I own a Ruger P89 loaded for bear for my personal choice. Now if there is an admin watching this thread would you please close it for good. I thought this was going to be a nice place to visit and learn about things but I am having 2nd thoughts if all people want to do is bash people for what they own or ask. Thanks for all the negative input for what its worth.

Spectre thank you for what you posted you may be the only one here that may know where I am coming from. Please close this thread as I have said my peace.

GWbiker

imported post

lonewolf2810 wrote:
Ok don't bash me for having a Bryco 380 I have heard it all. I am looking for a good CC holster for it either ankle or inside or outside pants. Just need to know where to find a good one. Thanks
I've never used an ankle holster.......but, I would recommend you check out the Uncle Mike Sidekick brand of inside the pants pocket holsters. Not that expensive - I own a few. They're designed to remain in the pocket when you draw your gun.

On that Bryco .380. Keep the chamber and magazine clean and lightly grease the frame rails. Try various brands ammo until you're satisfied with the guns reliability. You may have to stick with FMJ. Always keep a round in the chamber.

RSO1911

imported post

kholster.com makes some good cheap IWB holsters that can be custom fit.

To the people telling the OP not the carry the Bryco- Lay off, the poor fellow is obviously sensitive.

To the people telling the OP to carry whatever he wants, even a bryco- Stop it. There is no reason to advocate carrying guns like that.

To the OP- have you fired the normal 500 rounds through the bryco to test reliability? It's common practice to do such, before putting your faith in ANY gun.

lonewolf2810

imported post

RSO1911 wrote:

To the people telling the OP not the carry the Bryco- Lay off, the poor fellow is obviously sensitive.

To the people telling the OP to carry whatever he wants, even a bryco- Stop it. There is no reason to advocate carrying guns like that.

To the OP- have you fired the normal 500 rounds through the bryco to test reliability? It's common practice to do such, before putting your faith in ANY gun.
WELL FYI let it go I just ask a simple ? and nobody here could give a simple answer. If you think I a sensitive then you need to meet me one time and then say that. You and the rest of the people that like to bash and criticize other people before you know the full story behind the ? and can't read the first post I wrote leave it be. I came here for info and all you get is slammed for asking ?'s so what is this forum for just sounding off and not passing on the knowledge that people want.

Here is what I started my post with if you all would just READ you would just answer the ? (Ok don't bash me for having a Bryco 380 I have heard it all) not criticize the as you say OP. So enough said about it and let it go. You don't know what I have had done to the gun in ? to make it reliable.

RSO1911

imported post

lonewolf2810 wrote:
RSO1911 wrote:

WELL FYI let it go I just ask a simple ? and nobody here could give a simple answer. If you think I a sensitive then you need to meet me one time and then say that. You and the rest of the people that like to bash and criticize other people before you know the full story behind the ? and can't read the first post I wrote leave it be. I came here for info and all you get is slammed for asking ?'s so what is this forum for just sounding off and not passing on the knowledge that people want.

Here is what I started my post with if you all would just READ you would just answer the ? (Ok don't bash me for having a Bryco 380 I have heard it all) not criticize the as you say OP. So enough said about it and let it go. You don't know what I have had done to the gun in ? to make it reliable.
Did I bash you for having a Bryco? NO! I ASKED you if you had put rounds downrange through it. I've shot them before, I know a bit about them.

OBVIOUSLY your sensitive about it. So no, I won't meet you to tell you something you and I both have found out that you are, sensitive about your weapon. Thats such a freaking cliche thing to say anyways. Do you want me to meet you by the flagpole after class so I can "say it to your face?"

Oh BTW I opened my statment answeing your simple question.

"You and the rest of the people that like to bash and criticize other people before you know the full story behind the ?"

The full story behind the question? Yea how much back story is there to needing a CC holster for a pistol? That one is kind of self explanitory.

Sorry precious snowflake, the fact that you even pre-empted your question with "Ok don't bash me for having a Bryco 380 I have heard it all" means you should man up when asking questions you obviously know will bring "bashing" from previous experiance!

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

sraacke

imported post

lonewolf2810 wrote:
If anyone needs to know I own a Ruger P89 loaded for bear for my personal choice.
Cool. I own 2 Ruger P-89 pistols. One is the Decocker model and the other is the basic Safety/Decocker model. Great guns.

Regarding the Bryco 380, Not bashing you but passing on my experiance with them. I bought one shortly after getting out of the Army in the early 90s. Small, easily concealable gun and I liked it until the slide rail cracked and the slide came off during recoil hitting my brother-in-law in his forehead while he was practicing with it. I sent it to Bryco and, to their credit, they replaced it quickly with a new pistol. The new pistol had less than 200 rounds through it before it's slide rail cracked and the gun disasembled itself in my hand. Be careful with this pistol and understand it's limits.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
Ok not bashing here just warning you, that gun is garbage and I would never carry it for self defense. I have first hand experience with one that my friend bought a long time ago and never shot until last month. Please do your self a favor and never carry it, just bury it in in very deep grave in your backyard and invest in something that you can protect your life with!!!! PLEASE!!!
Ok, I also have first hand experience with Bryco/Jennings products and will argue just the opposite. My Jennings .22 is a regular carry piece for me, either as a backup, or something quick to stick in my pocket when I go check my mail. I'm quite satisfied with it, and would trust any working Jennings gun.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/ All you'll ever want to know about these inexpensive guns.

Quite frankly I think it's insane the way folks will flip out just because a person owns the "wrong" gun. Lay off. If these things were the total crap that people present them to be, they would not be in production anymore. Today Jimenez Arms still makes most of the old Jennings/Bryco line. I know people who have put thousands and thousands of rounds through these guns. I carry a Jennings J-22 myself at times and love it. Quite accurate for a pocket pistol and very reliable.

You all sound like a bunch of Sarah Brady's minions whining about these things.

Mr Saturday Night Special

imported post

yale wrote:
lonewolf2810 wrote:
If anyone needs to know I own a Ruger P89 loaded for bear for my personal choice.
Cool. I own 2 Ruger P-89 pistols. One is the Decocker model and the other is the basic Safety/Decocker model. Great guns.

Regarding the Bryco 380, Not bashing you but passing on my experiance with them. I bought one shortly after getting out of the Army in the early 90s. Small, easily concealable gun and I liked it until the slide rail cracked and the slide came off during recoil hitting my brother-in-law in his forehead while he was practicing with it. I sent it to Bryco and, to their credit, they replaced it quickly with a new pistol. The new pistol had less than 200 rounds through it before it's slide rail cracked and the gun disasembled itself in my hand. Be careful with this pistol and understand it's limits.

For the record, I've shot a few guns in my lifetime andI think I know what I'm talking about.

Johnsons_1941.JPG

New_pictures_July_074.JPG

9308Shooting_Range_006.JPG

I'm not trying to be a gun-snob. There have already been a lot of those on this thread. I'm just trying to demonstrate that I have real life experience.

I've done a lot of research on Bryco pistols.I have yet to find one instance of a slide cracking inhalf and hitting anyone. It just doesn't work that way in real life.

Brycos are made of an alloy called Zamak. A slide/frame made of Zamak will develop a small crack for various reasons...mistakes in the casting, operator abuse... The crack will be self-evident and/or the gun will stop going into battery long before you have a "KB"! It's the beauty of Zamak. It will stretch and bend long before it breaks.

Bryco-Jennings-JimenezArms.com forum has 600 members. Thousands of rounds fired. Not one "KB" to report!

If your cousin's, brother's boss's, girlfriend did get hit in the head by a flying slide I would like to see a picture of it. I know if a gun "KB'ed" on me andI lived, the first thingI would do is take some pictures and call a lawyer!

In short don't BS. We don't need that on this forum.:banghead:

Mr Saturday Night Special

RSO1911

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/ All you'll ever want to know about these inexpensive guns.

Quite frankly I think it's insane the way folks will flip out just because a person owns the "wrong" gun. Lay off. If these things were the total crap that people present them to be, they would not be in production anymore. Today Jimenez Arms still makes most of the old Jennings/Bryco line. I know people who have put thousands and thousands of rounds through these guns. I carry a Jennings J-22 myself at times and love it. Quite accurate for a pocket pistol and very reliable.

You all sound like a bunch of Sarah Brady's minions whining about these things.
All I asked is if he had put rounds downrange to make sure it's one of the reliable guns. Lot of "monday" built bryco's.

In fact, If you would like to see the other end of the spectrum you can shoot mine. It slide bites easily, the striker is awfull to get cocked and the thing is hit or miss cycling. It would not, and has not put more than 15 rounds in a row downrange with out a FTF.

If you trust your life to that be my guest. I'll stick to something a little more reliable.

I like how you compare us to "brady's minions" because we're trying to help make sure a fellow shooter is packing a reliable weapon. Sure some flip out and maybe go over the edge but hey, ALOT of people have had sketchy results with Bryco's.

Don't know why you started talking about jennings pistols.