• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Richmond city shooting

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
We should all call the tip line and offer a tidbit of advice:

He shot a criminal. One less criminal is now on the streets. He did your job because you either refused or were incapable at the time. Criminalizing his defense of life and property is in itself a crime and you only further empower criminals to enact crimes by defending them, rather than the victims.

Negative. If he killed someone over a car, he should be punished accordingly. If he truly was in fear for his life or his girlfriends life, I pray his actions are ruled justifiable.

wylde007

imported post

Read my statement again.

Defense of life and property.

Those should be justifiable reasons. If you disagree, I really don't care.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Read my statement again.

Defense of life and property.

Those should be justifiable reasons. If you disagree, I really don't care.

Again, you do not know the whole story. Calling the PD with that ridiculous line you posted above will do nothing. If he killed someone for breaking in his car and was not in fear for his life he should be prosecuted accordingly.

I don't know what happened, time will tell.

wylde007

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I guess I need to learn the abbreviations. Someone got a list for the new guy?
Honestly, sometimes I think these guys make some of this s**t up on-the-fly.

I've read some real stumpers around here myself. Best just to ask in a PM or do an "urban dictionary" type search on the internetz.

TexasNative

imported post

AFAIK (As far as I know), Jim made it up on the fly. Being a Texan, though, I immediately "translated" it. I can see how others may have problems with understanding it without a scorecard.

No intention to insult anyone here, I was just trying to point out the meaning. I probably did that poorly. Sorry about that.

Anonymous

imported post

The robber was in possesion of a brick which was in his pocket. The shooter fired twice at the robber when he was in front of the car missing him both times. Then when the robber was running away the shooter fired three more shots striking the individual in the backand killling him. Both the shooter and the girlfriend lied to police about what happened(conflicting statements). On a side note the robber had been breaking into cars in the area for the past three months. SoI say good riddance to the robber but the shooter doesneed to be charged.Whatever "threat" there was before, it was not present as the robber was running away leaving no justification for killing said robber.

Neplusultra

imported post

Anonymous wrote:
The robber was in possesion of a brick which was in his pocket. The shooter fired twice at the robber when he was in front of the car missing him both times. Then when the robber was running away the shooter fired three more shots striking the individual in the backand killling him. Both the shooter and the girlfriend lied to police about what happened(conflicting statements). On a side note the robber had been breaking into cars in the area for the past three months. SoI say good riddance to the robber but the shooter doesneed to be charged.Whatever "threat" there was before, it was not present as the robber was running away leaving no justification for killing said robber.
Where did you find this information. I don't remember seeing it in any articles.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Where did you find this information. I don't remember seeing it in any articles.
My supposition here is that they have some inside info, and thus "anonymous" but that is just my guess, since I do NOT have any inside info lol

Neplusultra

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
My supposition here is that they have some inside info, and thus "anonymous" but that is just my guess, since I do NOT have any inside info lol
Yeah, you have to wonder about first time posters that speak authoritatively :^).