• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason magazine notes Chief Flynn "has a problem"

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/133051.html

SNIP

Wisconsin attorney general says it's legal to open carry in the state. Milwaukee police chief's response: "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." You know you have a problem when the chief refers to peace officers as "troops."

mitlekrem

imported post

As a local citizen to this topic, I am not afraid to get a little dirty for my civil liberties. I'll just forward my drycleaning bill to the chief.

david.ross

imported post

Of course Chief Flynn has a problem...

From the ICD-10 manual
F70
Mild mental retardation

Approximate IQ range of 50 to 69 (in adults, mental age from 9 to under 12 years). Likely to result in some learning difficulties in school. Many adults will be able to work and maintain good social relationships and contribute to society.

Includes: feeble-mindedness
mild mental subnormality

Chief Flynn needs help, someone needs to kick him out of the job of Chief and down to the position of Janitor.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I wonder if this clown has given it any thought, that at some point his disregard for citizens rights could instigate a gun battle between LAC and his "troops"?

Of course, the more desirable way to get rid of him is to vote the bastards out that hired him, then get the replacements to fire the chief.

david.ross

imported post

AtackDuck wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
:( I'm sorry.... First job which came to mind which wasn't a desk job.

He can work as a shoe polisher on the street. ;)
Ahh, there you go, insulting shoe polishers!!:lol::lol:
I give permission for any gun owning shoe polisher to flog me with a blunt object. ;)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
AtackDuck wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
:( I'm sorry.... First job which came to mind which wasn't a desk job.

He can work as a shoe polisher on the street. ;)
Ahh, there you go, insulting shoe polishers!!:lol::lol:
I give permission for any gun owning shoe polisher to flog me with a blunt object. ;)
Blunt object? Have you ever seen an experienced shoe polisher work his buffing rowel? A blunt object would be showing mercy.