• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Public Lands, OC'ing, and Group Shoots

Butterbone

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA
imported post

I'm still getting used to the concept of Public land. I don't get it so much.

I know when I grew up in Clay county, we didn't make distinctions in land ownership much. You pretty much go where you wanted to go, and if someone had a problem, they'd yell at ya, and you yell back, and all was settled.

You can hunt and shoot and so on, on public lands right?

So how difficult is it to figure out where those public lands are, that aren't inside some city limits.

Northern Kentucky is pretty well populated.

And has anyone tried to organize a group to meet up on Public Lands, to hang out and shoot and pot luck?

Just curious.

Abock33

imported post

I know that Ft. Mitchell has a city ordinance about "discharging a projectile" in the city limits. This includes paintball guns, bows, sling shots and BB guns. As well as firearms. I would assume that other places in NKY are the same city wise. I was under the assumption that the only place besides private land was Adair WMA in NKY and I think its limited to bows and muzzleloading.

don't quote me though... I've been wronk before.