• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friend or Foe tool passes 100 businesses rated!

bohdi

imported post

Just added about another 15 for the area I live in and frequent. Now that I know about this I'll make sure I update in the future. Great idea. Thanks.

essayons

imported post

This is a handy tool. I hope everyone who posts their OC experiences on this forum also updates the friend or foe site.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Awesome! Keep 'em coming.

I'm working on a few more features. Things like most recent additions, different viewing methods (table listing for media use, etc), manual add screen for when businesses aren't in the Google database (rare, but there are some smaller ones which I would like to support even more than the big names).

I have another tool in the works that will shed light on just how common concealed carry is. I'd like to be able to gather stats on how many people carry and where so we can have some data to use in future legislative efforts. I get tired of saying "there are tons of people that carry and nothing bad ever happens" and not have any good data to back up that claim.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I've been reading the old posts on OC at Patrick Henry Mall but haven't seen anything dated less than a year ago. Anyone been there lately OC? I've been there CC many times and of course never have a problem. It seems to have really gone downhill since they demolished Colisium (sp) Mall. Lots of "blingbling" andtrousers that need re-attaching with the help of a nail gun.

rebfan

imported post

I attempted to add a business, but can't seem to do so. I clicked the "add a business" but nothing came up that seems to allow me to do so. Thanks.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rebfan wrote:
I attempted to add a business, but can't seem to do so. I clicked the "add a business" but nothing came up that seems to allow me to do so. Thanks.
There are instructions at the bottom, but a Cliffs Notes version:

If you click the Add a new business link, you get a page with a map and a search section, just like before.

Search / center the map on the business and then search for the businesses name using the box on the right.

Once you have a marker/markers on the map, click one and it will have a "Rate this business" link. Clicking that will give you the add form on the right where you can choose a rating and enter details if you want.

It's pretty straightforward once you do it once or twice.

It may be that your business isn't in the google database, and in that case, PM me the info and I'll add it manually.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I just added a few more. Now I need to go carry more places;)
Hmmm. That gives me an idea.

Right now, the site is as anonymous as the internet will allow. If we instead tracked who added what, then we could have contests to see who carried in the most places per month/year/all time.

I don't plan on adding logins to the Friend or Foe tool, but I am already working on another site that could incorporate something like this quite well. If people don't mind having a login ID, that is.