Thread: OC or CC in Downtown Yorktown?

Post imported post

Is "downtown" Yorktown considered part of the National Parks area and therefore off limits to carry either CC or OC?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

I don't believe it is. I've seen no signs indicating that it is federal territory. Heck, there are plenty of private homes and businesses, so I think its just a town like any other. FWIW, I've OC'd there plenty of times, mostly when going to some of the restaurants, and there has never been any problem. I'm sure some of the restaurant staff saw my pistol, and none have said anything about it.

Post imported post

Be careful in Y-town; there are numerous places where the National Park intrudes on the town itself, and since the judge in DC placed a hold on the new weapons regulation, they will enforce the old reg on you. Look up the Town and the National Park maps and you will see what I mean...

Post imported post

To quote others, "Always err on the side of caution." Definitely look up the maps and I would carry one for personal reference IMO.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    To quote others, "Always err on the side of caution." Definitely look up the maps and I would carry one for personal reference IMO.
    Have OCd in downtown Yorktown many times but stay away from the battlefields and the parkway - they are federal territory.

Sure do miss the original Nick's Seafood.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps...%20Battlefield

Here's a link to the NPS park visitor map. This will give you an idea, but I don't think I would rely on this for precision of boundaries.