• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC or CC in Downtown Yorktown?

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't believe it is. I've seen no signs indicating that it is federal territory. Heck, there are plenty of private homes and businesses, so I think its just a town like any other. FWIW, I've OC'd there plenty of times, mostly when going to some of the restaurants, and there has never been any problem. I'm sure some of the restaurant staff saw my pistol, and none have said anything about it.

johnfenter

imported post

Be careful in Y-town; there are numerous places where the National Park intrudes on the town itself, and since the judge in DC placed a hold on the new weapons regulation, they will enforce the old reg on you. Look up the Town and the National Park maps and you will see what I mean...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
To quote others, "Always err on the side of caution." Definitely look up the maps and I would carry one for personal reference IMO.;)
Have OCd in downtown Yorktown many times but stay away from the battlefields and the parkway - they are federal territory.

Sure do miss the original Nick's Seafood.

Yata hey