• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC of rifle

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I'll make a somewhat educated guess: They may be competitive shooters at an out of town match and didn't want to leave their rifles unsecured when they went out for ice cream. I kinda doubt that possibility though, because match shooters would be concerned about banging their sights around and not carrying their rifles in the same manner as these young ladies. More than likely, they're active/reserve or NG and can't leave their rifles unsecured anywhere. Maybe they snuck (sneeked?) out of their tents during summer camp for some ice cream?

TexasNative

imported post

I agree, somewhere in the back of my mind is the impression that these young ladies are in Israel, but I can't substantiate it beyond that.

Well, that in addition to my firm conviction that this is definitely not in the US. The various US military services have some of the most restrictive regulations imaginable when it comes to military members being armed while off duty. And they certainly wouldn't be armed with their service firearms in any case.

~ Boyd

ETA: I'm assuming these firearms are assault rifles, not "assault weapons." I keep trying to look for the select fire setting, but I'm having problems concentrating on the guns.

RedKnightt

imported post

The story I heard is that these are IDF soldiers, 2 enlisted and one officer (on the left, who supposedly can be ID'ed by the shorter barrel on her weapon) at an ice cream parlor on base in Israel. While on active duty on base, IDF regs say you carry your weapon with you at all times, no matter what. I don't know about carrying them off-base. I haven't been able to corroborate this, so it may be true, it may be hooey.

The best part of the image to me is the look on the face of the ice cream cone to the left of the young woman on the far left.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Maybe an officer, but not judging from the barrel length. Those are all three M16A2's with the same length barrel. What we have here is an opticall illusion. They all have the same barrel / forward hand grip combination and different slings. Maybe they can't afford the regular slings we use in the US, but I would hazard a guess with they use what works. They seem to be rigged for combat rather than garrison duty with it being tied around the front sight assembly on one of them. I'd also go with them being "foreigners" of some sort from their clothing and makeup style. They just don't "look" like American girls.

RedKnightt

imported post

Yeah, I kinda laughed when he said that about barrel length, too. The Israeli part is easier to confirm, though, as the yellow sign on the back wall and the small poster to the right of the blonde are written in Hebrew.

Neplusultra

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Good point and quite possible. I've met a few "lookers" in the IDF. They know their business and are very patriotic about their Homeland.
You're right about that. Good golly, now I'm going to have to dig up that youtube montage..... :^).