• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing Through in June

j2l3

imported post

Hello, I am passing through your state in late June and will have my handgun with me. WHat do I need to know about OC and transporting my gun while there?

Mostly on the I-90 corridor.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Truthfully, not much of anything. OC in the state of Montana is legal in all places except gov't buildings/offices or schools. As far as keeping it in your vehicle, there's no laws limiting or restricting how you can transport it. Have it loaded, unloaded, hanging from your rear-view mirror or on the dashboard, no restrictions!!

j2l3

imported post

Really, that's very interesting. I have a permit that's recognized by Montana, just don't want to cover up if I don't have to.

I appreciate all the information!

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Nope, no reason for you to cover up if you don't want to. Just keep your eyes open for signs posted on stores that you might be going into. If it's posted, then you must honor their wishes. Also, if you come across a place that's posted, let me know. I'd be happy to add those places to a website of Carry-Friendly business's in the state. The site works nation-wide, but it's nice to have as many places listed as we can in every state!!