• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing Through in June

j2l3

imported post

Coming across the southern part of your state, through Cheyenne. My concealed permit isn;t recognized by Wyoming, so what do I need to know to keep out of trouble while there and while driving through?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MatieA

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Coming across the southern part of your state, through Cheyenne. My concealed permit isn;t recognized by Wyoming, so what do I need to know to keep out of trouble while there and while driving through?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Open Carry

MatieA

imported post

There is not a single law written about open carry in the state of Wyoming, and the state has total preemption. I regularly open carry my pistol on a motorcycle where it makes it rather obvious that I am carrying; I have never been bothered. I was even thanked for carrying in McDonalds by management yesterday because some rowdy teens quieted down after I entered. :cool:

MamaLiberty

imported post

I carry all the time, everywhere I go but the post awful... Federal laws apply.

The only way it can get better is if the WY legislature finally recognizes that the laws against murder, rape and theft are all that need to be enforced. "Laws" against inanimate objects or how they are carried make no sense at all.