• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms at work

FoGKeebler

imported post

I have not kept up with it so im hoping someone can fill me in. Back in march i heard the Texas State House or maybe the Senate passed the bill to allow firearm owners to take there firearms to work as long as it was kept in the car even if it was the business owners policy to not allow it.

My question is, did this ever pass all the way and now in effect? or is it still waiting approval from one of the governing entities?

HENZ

imported post

it has made it pass the senate but is still in the house (in committee) right now. if it does pass the house then it will not become in effect until Sept 09.