Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Fun question...OC/Motorcycle

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bottom of Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    I just ordered a bright blue vented/perforated leather motorcycle jacket for this summer.

    That being said, my tan OC holster will most certainly clash:what: ...anyone know of a place/person that could make me a nice Blue/Black/White holster for OC while riding in my entirely too flashy jacket?

    I'm normally a "all black, all the time" kind of guy on the bike, but this jacket was insanely cheap, so I had to get it, in spite of the flashiness.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ., ,
    Posts
    276

    Post imported post

    .

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bottom of Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    Bill in VA wrote:
    You can alsways buy some blue polish and do it yourself. Otherwise, you can take the holster to a bridal shop and ask them to dye it blue. (Why not? They dye shoes for bridesmaids all the time, and if they don't, they'll know who does.)
    Good idea, I just get the lightest colored (or natural-est) holster I can find and then get it dyed.

    The quest begins for a cheapish, natural leather holster with some positive retention.



  4. #4
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    SaltH2OHokie wrote:
    I just ordered a bright blue vented/perforated leather motorcycle jacket for this summer.

    That being said, my tan OC holster will most certainly clash:what: ...anyone know of a place/person that could make me a nice Blue/Black/White holster for OC while riding in my entirely too flashy jacket?

    I'm normally a "all black, all the time" kind of guy on the bike, but this jacket was insanely cheap, so I had to get it, in spite of the flashiness.

    Any thoughts?
    You mean you don't want to stand out in a croud like this?:



  5. #5
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    You mean you don't want to stand out in a croud like this?:
    Forty-round magazine?:shock:

    Not in VA.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  6. #6
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    wylde007 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    You mean you don't want to stand out in a croud like this?:
    Forty-round magazine?:shock:

    Not in VA.
    A CHP would cover you wouldn't it?

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    549

    Post imported post

    It would in certain counties. In Va Beach for example, if there were actual rounds in the mag, that would be a no-go on the bike, off it, he'd be fine. I'm gonna pull one of these stunts very soon with my AR, though I won't have a mag in, and the girl will be following behind me with the HD video rolling

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Falls Church, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    226

    Post imported post

    Call Big Daddys Leather in Fredericksburg.

    He makes holsters.

    He is very OC/CC friendly and a motorcycle leather shop!



    Carl

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bottom of Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    t11spanner wrote:
    Call Big Daddys Leather in Fredericksburg.

    He makes holsters.

    He is very OC/CC friendly and a motorcycle leather shop!



    Carl
    That's a hump, but maybe if I get a nice weekend I could ride/OC up there and talk in person.

  10. #10
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    SaltH2OHokie wrote:
    t11spanner wrote:
    Call Big Daddys Leather in Fredericksburg.

    He makes holsters.

    He is very OC/CC friendly and a motorcycle leather shop!



    Carl
    That's a hump, but maybe if I get a nice weekend I could ride/OC up there and talk in person.
    What bike is this going on?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bottom of Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    ZX7 (I'd love to give you the year, but so far I've got 3 bikes that make this one up...title/frame are 1992, engine currently in it is 1995, tank from 1994 on the way, carbs from a 1997 ZX9, modified airbox from 1997 ZX9 plus 1992 ZX7, etc)

    Got an almost complete 1992 with no title, no plastics and more than likely going to keep the tank off of that bike too...if someone wants to build a race bike...let her go cheap.

    Not sure what kind of shop it is, but normally I don't associate "biker leather" shops with the kind of people that appreciate a cobbled together 'jap' bike...maybe the fact that I'm there with a gun and for a product pertaining to a gun will soften em up since they're pro 2A.

  12. #12
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Post imported post

    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    A CHP would cover you wouldn't it?
    18.2-287.4 seems to say that you can... I could have sworn I read another section that addressed this, but now I cannot find it to cite.

    Scratch.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    55

    Post imported post

    wylde007 wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    A CHP would cover you wouldn't it?
    18.2-287.4 seems to say that you can... I could have sworn I read another section that addressed this, but now I cannot find it to cite.

    Scratch.
    As discussed in numerous other threads, the magazie capacity is only in certain cities. here is the code thing


    § 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William. (emphasis added)

    Dana

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    549

    Post imported post

    wehrmachtXD40_COLT45 wrote:
    wylde007 wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    A CHP would cover you wouldn't it?
    18.2-287.4 seems to say that you can... I could have sworn I read another section that addressed this, but now I cannot find it to cite.

    Scratch.
    As discussed in numerous other threads, the magazie capacity is only in certain cities. here is the code thing


    § 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William. (emphasis added)

    Dana
    This only applies on foot for long guns. Localities can regulate carry of loaded long arms in or on vehicles. Virginia Beach is one such locality. I'm not going to look up the cite, I have cited it in another thread on Motorcycle OC.

  15. #15
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    You may be able to mount something on the tank right in front of the gas cap. If you don't want to drill, then strap something around the tank. This location will provide a good grab and retention. It will also keep your pistol safe if you ever lay the bike down.(If you have never, you will someday it is just a fact of motorcycles)

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Falls Church, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    226

    Post imported post

    SaltH2OHokie wrote:
    t11spanner wrote:
    Call Big Daddys Leather in Fredericksburg.

    He makes holsters.

    He is very OC/CC friendly and a motorcycle leather shop!



    Carl
    That's a hump, but maybe if I get a nice weekend I could ride/OC up there and talk in person.
    Check his website.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bottom of Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    You may be able to mount something on the tank right in front of the gas cap. If you don't want to drill, then strap something around the tank. This location will provide a good grab and retention. It will also keep your pistol safe if you ever lay the bike down.(If you have never, you will someday it is just a fact of motorcycles)
    Way ahead of ya there. Had to get my a$$ bandage changed everyday by a nurse for 3 weeks, then every other day for a while after. Down through the fat. That was on my first cobbled together bike at 18. (Made from 2 Yamaha 600's).

  18. #18
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    Yup I have had some bad motocross accidents I built bikes for a dealership for 3 years. I have seen a LOT of people go down and if I ever got a bike, I would ALWAYS ride with leathers.

    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...x68o13o213o225

  19. #19
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Reverend73 wrote:
    ...if there were actual rounds in the mag, that would be a no-go on the bike, off it, he'd be fine. I'm gonna pull one of these stunts very soon with my AR, though I won't have a mag in, and the girl will be following behind me with the HD video rolling
    Aren't you the guy who said he was going to OC an AR with PackininVB? And the same guy who was going to OC a rifle with danbus in Norfolk? As well as the guy who was going to OC a long gun at a tea party a week or so ago?

    How'd those (stunts) go for ya?

  20. #20
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    Reverend73 wrote:
    ...if there were actual rounds in the mag, that would be a no-go on the bike, off it, he'd be fine. I'm gonna pull one of these stunts very soon with my AR, though I won't have a mag in, and the girl will be following behind me with the HD video rolling
    Aren't you the guy who said he was going to OC an AR with PackininVB? And the same guy who was going to OC a rifle with danbus in Norfolk? As well as the guy who was going to OC a long gun at a tea party a week or so ago?

    How'd those (stunts) go for ya?
    That would be the guy:P

  21. #21
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    wylde007 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    You mean you don't want to stand out in a croud like this?:
    Forty-round magazine?:shock:

    Not in VA.
    Oh yes you can, it's just in certain areas that you can't without a CHP. Check the code.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    549

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    wylde007 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    You mean you don't want to stand out in a croud like this?:
    Forty-round magazine?:shock:

    Not in VA.
    Oh yes you can, it's just in certain areas that you can't without a CHP. Check the code.
    Uh, you might want to check the code. In a vehicle (of which a motorcycle is), you need to make sure that the locality doesn't forbid loaded transport of a long arm. CHP or not, loaded transport of a long armin a vehicle in Virginia Beach is not legal.



  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    549

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:

    Aren't you the guy who said he was going to OC an AR with PackininVB? No And the same guy who was going to OC a rifle with danbus in Norfolk?No, it was Virginia Beach, actually. As well as the guy who was going to OC a long gun at a tea party a week or so ago? No, never said that. I said I was considering it. Reading comprehension Hank, come on, get with the program.

    How'd those (stunts) go for ya? Rhetorical question.

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    SaltH2OHokie wrote:
    I just ordered a bright blue vented/perforated leather motorcycle jacket for this summer.

    That being said, my tan OC holster will most certainly clash:what: ...anyone know of a place/person that could make me a nice Blue/Black/White holster for OC while riding in my entirely too flashy jacket?

    I'm normally a "all black, all the time" kind of guy on the bike, but this jacket was insanely cheap, so I had to get it, in spite of the flashiness.

    Any thoughts?
    If you are in the Norfolk end of your range, try getting in touch with Backwoods Leather http://national.citysearch.com/profi...s_leather.html

    He makes good holsters, is quick and dependable, and seems to thrive on doing custom stuff.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    204

    Post imported post

    My dad and I have plans in the works to mak scabbards for our shotgunsto fit on our bikes to ride to the skeet range. I'll post pics when we get them done in a couple months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •