Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Private Party Transfers

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Orange, California, USA

    Post imported post

    I'm looking into purchasing a firearm for Father's Day. Since it will obviously be purchased under my name/information, do I have to file some sort of declaration that the ownership of the gun has transfered to my dad or can I just give it to him without the gun being permenantly tagged to my name?

    Furtheremore, while you need to either be a citizen or a greencard holder to purchase a firearm, are Visa holders eligible to aquire a firearm via gift/private party transfer or are Visa holders completely barred from firearms period?

  2. #2
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Post imported post

    In brief: Handguns have to have some paperwork done, long guns don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts