• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what state's recognize virginia CONCEALED weapon permit

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

fire_man2340 wrote:
MY DAD STARTED BACK TRUCKING AND HE IS GOING TO OHIO, AND HE NEEDS TO HAT STATES DONT RECOGNIZE IS CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT?
jpierce wrote:
8) General: No shouting in Capital Letters. Use "substantially proper" capitalization, punctuation, and grammer as best you can. Use of abbreviations and acronymns shold be minimized and always defined.
and.. the Search feature is your friend so is GOOGLE. Many of the things you post in a frantic, I need an answer quick type fashon could be answered if you searched and read a little bit.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
fire_man2340 wrote:
MY DAD STARTED BACK TRUCKING AND HE IS GOING TO OHIO, AND HE NEEDS TO HAT STATES DONT RECOGNIZE IS CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT?
concealed weapon permit?
fire_man2340 wrote:
I think what ProShooter was saying by typing weapon in italics is that Virginia Issues a CHP a Concealed Handgun Permit not a Concealed Weapon Permit.

fire_man2340

imported post

Naw I'm no lier I said I did and I did, I typed in

"what states recognize va. CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT"

"what states can i not use a va. CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT"

and

"what states allow va CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT"

and didn't see any thing that said these state but not these states. I said CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT not CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT, that might be way.

mj4869

imported post

Hello, I'm curious about this issue as I'm a Class A truck driver.
Under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations there is no stated federal law prohibiting him from having his firearm with him. As long as he is following the section I copied below and is in compliance with the states & local communities that he will be driving in he should be legal to transport his firearm accross state lines.
If he has a CCW permit and it is accepted in the states he drives he should be ok, if they do not accept his permit he needs to follow the law of the state and the peacable jouney laws.
Of course his company may not allow firearms on the truck as a policy matter not a law. I'm pretty sure the VA CDL handbook says firearms and alcohol are strickly forbidden in a classs a/b vehicle period, so he should look that up. That would be a state law or policy that he needs to adhere to.

Tell him good luck and careful driving.
Title 18 Setcion 926(a). The peacable journey law.
TITLE 18–CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I–CRIMES
CHAPTER 44–FIREARMS
Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person
who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting,
shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a
firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being
transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the
passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in
the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s
compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked
container other than the glove compartment or console.