• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Female attempts carjack, gets shot by victim...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Notice they don't give describe the nationalities of these two? He's lucky... All the more reason to carry.

GWbiker

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Two dumb females attempt carjack in Tucson. Male victim overpowers gun wielding perp, takes gun and shoots her.......

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/290020.php

I give the intended victim a....:celebrate
Ding, ding, ding......we have an update. Police said the male victim WAS armed with his own handgun and shot the female perp in his own defense....

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/290103

Of course he would have his own gun.......:banghead: it happened in Tucson.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Typically... the reporter (?) gets it wrong the first time... and has the guy 'take the gun'... OK... he did... AFTER he shot her. But that's not what she go shot with. This is the thought process of the anti's. Gun... BAD.

'Attempted car jacking victim shoots armed female car jacker.' That's how it should'a started off.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good for the "almost" victem.

I have 2 questions though, one important, one not so.

The important one first:
Why is the second woman not being charged? She was an accomplice to an armed assault and attempted theft.

The not so important:
Why did the guy leave the scene, and call from another locale? I mean, it appears that the threat was over with. He couldn't call from where he was?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Liberal PC Democrats should appreciate at lest one aspect of this particular shooting: Thecarjackers were female but were not at all discriminated against (on the basis of their gender) by the male car-owner victim...he shot female carjackers just like he would have shot male carjackers.

How PC and "inclusive" is that?

-- John D.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Liberal PC Democrats should appreciate at lest one aspect of this particular shooting: Thecarjackers were female but were not at all discriminated against (on the basis of their gender) by the male car-owner victim...he shot female carjackers just like he would have shot male carjackers.

How PC and "inclusive" is that?

-- John D.

Excellent point! How can they complain about this event? :cool:

Oh that's right, they find something to complain about no matter what.

NightOwl

imported post

"The woman tried to shoot the man, but he pulled his own gun while she was trying to pull the trigger. Her gun didn't fire for an unknown reason. "

I'm thinking that the safety was on. Anybody else get that feeling?

Legba

imported post

Did "Squeaky" Fromme get paroled? (q.v. her attempt on president Ford, for the youngsters in the forum). ;-/

-ljp

Tomahawk

imported post

Legba wrote:
Did "Squeaky" Fromme get paroled? (q.v. her attempt on president Ford, for the youngsters in the forum). ;-/

-ljp

Well, I do know who you were talking about, but I was curious about the answer to your question, which is "no", she is still in jail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynette_Fromme

She is apparently quite the troublesome girl, reading through her history. Wouldn't guess it looking at the photo on the page. I found the following passage quite amusing:

"When U.S. Attorney Duane Keyes recommended severe punishment because she was "full of hate and violence," Fromme threw an apple at him, hitting him in the face and knocking off his glasses."

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Possibly she never jacked the slide... as was the case with Squeaky. Mechanical aptitute apparently not being one of her strong points.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
"The woman tried to shoot the man, but he pulled his own gun while she was trying to pull the trigger. Her gun didn't fire for an unknown reason. "

I'm thinking that the safety was on. Anybody else get that feeling?

I believe that the report said that she did get off one shot, but couldn't get off another. My guess is either the next round was a dud or she limp wrist-ed and the gun didn't fully cycle properly.

AMETUERS!

GWbiker

imported post

Legba wrote:
Did "Squeaky" Fromme get paroled?  (q.v. her attempt on president Ford, for the youngsters in the forum).   ;-/

-ljp

OT, a bit but does anyone know how did Lynette Fromme got the nickname "Squeaky"?.:uhoh:

Dahwg

imported post

NightOwl wrote:

I'm thinking that the safety was on.  Anybody else get that feeling?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Decoligny

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Good for the "almost" victem.

I have 2 questions though, one important, one not so.

The important one first:
Why is the second woman not being charged? She was an accomplice to an armed assault and attempted theft.

The not so important:
Why did the guy leave the scene, and call from another locale? I mean, it appears that the threat was over with. He couldn't call from where he was?
Under the felony homicide rules, the surviving female should be charged with first degree murder as the felony that she was involved in commitingdirectly resulted in the death of another person.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Uh... the perp was wounded... not killed. But she should be charged as an accessory.