• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a holster

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Ok I turn 21 in 6 months and I am OCing more now. I am looking at ordering the CTAC or MTAC holster and would like to hear what your opinions are. I feel like the CTAC might work out better for me since I have a thin frame(6ft 150lbs). Personal experiences with the holsters? I will be carrying my Glock 19 in it.

Thanks!

LeMat

imported post

I carry both a Glock 21 and a 1911 in Carryloks. I love 'em!

I thought they would slow me down in IDPA, but with practice, no problem at all.

There's an extra added sense of security with a retention holster and I just feel a little more at ease knowing that it's not going to get loose in a scuffle and it may make it that much harder for someone to get at it if things went pear shaped.

With practice, they're just as fast as an open-top holster.

Argus Eyed

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Decided to go with the Bianchi Carrylok for right now. I love it so far:)
Does it "ride" higher up than a paddle holster? That the problem I have with my Fobus paddle holster for my Glock 19, it rides too low and most of my shirts hardly cover it or doesn't cover it enough.

thnycav

imported post

Looks like a nice holster. I just wish they made it for my Glock 30. It seems that not that many make holsters for it. That is my luck.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

holster3.jpg
holster4.jpg

Hopefully this helps:) The butt of the gun does stick out but I'm sure the holster could be more forward on my belt or something. When I turn 21 I'll probably be getting a CTAC to CC. This works well for OC and I'm sure can be used for casual CC. I am a small person so it's hard to find CC stuff for me:?

eyesopened

imported post

Pay the extra and go with the MTAC. I've had both a CTAC and a MTAC and I prefer the MTAC. The leather backing makes CC more comfortable for long hours. It prevents the hard kydex from digging into your side. It's worth the extra expense.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Pay the extra and go with the MTAC. I've had both a CTAC and a MTAC and I prefer the MTAC. The leather backing makes CC more comfortable for long hours. It prevents the hard kydex from digging into your side. It's worth the extra expense.
That's the response that I was looking for. I will probably order the MTAC over the summer so that I can CC in the fall woohoo!

Argus Eyed

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Wow, I just looked at the MTAC and that looks like what I have been looking for. I can CC in comfort and do the Virgina tuck when needed.;)Thanks for posting.

Alexcabbie

imported post

For all of you two or three Walther P.38 lovers out there, who wish they could carry but don't want to use the clunky military WWII holster, here's a hint Heloise would never publish:

The Beretta 92 was based on the P.38, and a gentleman at Clark Bros. in Warrenton sugggested I try a Bianchi 717 made for the Beretta 92. I found I could force the snap closed, and also found that the extreme tight fit could be lessened by cutting a tad bit more clearance for the P.38 trigger guard. I performed the needed surgery with a pocketknife and it fits like a dream. Quite possibly any holster - leather that is - designed for the 92 can be similarly modified for the P.38. I don't know if a similar fix with a Dremel would be possible or even advisable for these new-fangled carbon fiber holsters that everybody seems to be using these days, but I prefer the classics anyway.