• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd at the job fair in the 'zoo today

Phssthpok

imported post

Spent about an hour wandering around the job fair at the Hilton in Missoula today. Apparently someone tipped off the local constabulary as I was approached by an armed individual wearing a dark polo shirt embroidered with SWAT insignias.

He asked that we step away from the crowd so as not to disturb anyone. Against my instincts I followed him to the lobby where he informed me that someone had voiced a concern to him about the sidearm I was carrying cross-draw at 10 o'clock.

He first asked if I had a concealed carry permit and I indicated that it wasn't concealed. He then tried to claim that because he couldn't see it clearly from the angle that he approached me that it could be considered 'partially concealed'.

I countered this by demonstrating that the one side of my (unzipped) jacked was quite noticeably tucked behind the holster, and then informed him that I DELIBERATELY had it jammed between the holster and belt so that it would not come loose and conceal my sidearm since I had inadvertently left my CPL at home and was therefor REQUIRED to OC. He confirmed that I had stated that I had a CPL issued, but it was not 'on me'.

At this point (my opinion is that) he seemed to decide that I knew the laws and was in compliance and trying to bulldog me would be more trouble than it was worth. He thanked me for my time and informed me that he would relay to the complainant that I had been contacted and was not an apparent threat to anyone's safety.

In all he was actually quite casual about the whole thing. The only (VERY minor) beef I would have is his extending the contact beyond the point of when he first came around to my front side and saw that the gun was, in fact, exposed by trying to pull the 'partially concealed card to (IMO) go fishing.

MT GUNNY

imported post

Last night hear in Kalispelll a Person Reported Shots Fired, the area the RP described was outside city limits. The officer that responded to dispatch said that it was legal to shoot outside city limits and to tell that to theRP, and he would do a Drive by. Nothing came of it !