Thread: Neumann plans run for governor

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Neumann told the Wisconsin State Journal he intends to get into the race "sometime between now and October."
    The 55-year-old Neumann, of Nashotah, has been out of politics since he ran a close race in 1998 to unseat Democratic U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold. Before that, he served two terms in the U.S. House.

Neumann is a home builder and co-chairman of a nonprofit group that runs three Christian schools in the Milwaukee choice program and an Arizona charter school.

Another potential GOP candidate, Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker, has said he plans to make a "very special announcement" Tuesday.

Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle is expected to seek a third four-year term next year.

Neumann did not immediately respond to a phone message tonight from The Associated Press.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic...e/08wisgov.txt

Post imported post

Mark Neumann is a rock solid man of principal. I was sad to see the likes of him withdraw from politics and look forward to him running. It is time for Governor Meathead to move on to other things.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I'm not certain that "GOP candidate" and "man of principle" can describe an individual. I am pleased that Republican was not used to describe Mr. Neumann and that Christian schoolman is used.

It is time to shrug off burdensome ignorance as Atlas is doing now. Who is John Gault?

Post imported post

Doug, when I say he is a man of principal, it is because Mark did what he promised to do and he never veered from his pre-election positions once elected. With Mark, you know exactly what you are getting, there are no surprises.

Post imported post

I'd vote for a quivering blob of fat over Doyle. At least the fat wouldn't be spewing illogical liberal speak.