Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: GUN SHOW

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.

  2. #2
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    I wish I could go but my friend Lauren and her roommates are coming down from JMU and want me to take them to the beach.:shock: I'm also taking her shooting!:celebrate

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I wish I could go but my friend Lauren and her roommates are coming down from JMU and want me to take them to the beach.:shock: I'm also taking her shooting!:celebrate
    Damn it I wish I was that lucky. Instead I'm going to stand in line with a bunch of smelly people who pass gas while walking past you and hope I can find some ammo!

    EDIT: 1500 posts!

  4. #4
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    EDIT: 1500 posts!
    Yea I just passed my 700 mark I'm pretty proud lol

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    I'll beat you all, I'm going to be inside by 11.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    I'll beat you all, I'm going to be inside by 11.
    yeah but you're at work...:P



    I'll be sure to stop by and say hello

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    I'll be there, either tomorrow or Saturday. Depends on if I get tix to the Caps game tomorrow night.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    19

    Post imported post

    i may go Sunday....



    can't go today because of work and kids, or tomorrow since I'll be in Culpeper...



    if I don't go Sunday this will be the first Nation's show I've missed in a long time...



    only thing I could see myself buying, though, is ammo...and I doubt there is much of it left by Sunday

  9. #9
    Regular Member ChinChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683

    Post imported post

    Have fun. Let me know if the knife sharpening guy comes back this go round. He had a booth 5 shows ago next to where the Virginia Defense Force boys have always been.

    Bastard puts the sharpest edge on a blade I've ever seen.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    236

    Post imported post

    I plan on being there this afternoon. It appears I may have some company from the office joining as well.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NOVA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    732

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
    1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    ugh i wanted to get their early to grab some primers, but i have a stupid meeting at 1330-1430 that I DON'T WANT OR NEED TO BE IN :X

  13. #13
    Regular Member ChinChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683

    Post imported post

    eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
    1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?
    At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

    Behold, panic buyng.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
    1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?
    At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

    Behold, panic buyng.
    you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...

  15. #15
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    hsmith wrote:
    you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...
    I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.


  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    125

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

    Behold, panic buyng.
    Hmmm, I guess my plan of showing up "early" at 2:45pm is not going to work well.

  17. #17
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    Chuckles wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

    Behold, panic buyng.
    Hmmm, I guess my plan of showing up "early" at 2:45pm is not going to work well.
    Yea probably not:shock:

  18. #18
    Regular Member Riana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    943

    Post imported post

    hsmith wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
    1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?
    At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

    Behold, panic buyng.
    you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...
    Yeah, I already joined - a freebie with my Taurus purchase last November. So no line-jump for me. And I just can't justify the expense right now to go look at empty ammo tables...

  19. #19
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...
    I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.
    You could always just call the 800 number and ask to be removed from the mailing list. Then no more hyperbolic fund-raising SPAM. That's what they tell people to do if they don't want the mail.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
    1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?
    Show opens at 3pm, but I got there today at 12:45pm and the line was just beginning to form. At 1pm they began selling tickets/ziptie guns/stamp hands and said come back at 3pm to the side door to walk right in. After getting my ticket I went over to Willards BBQ :celebrate:celebratewith useful_idiot 'till 2pm then waited in the side door line till 3.

    Glad I did, because I saw only one ammo guy with 9BPLE, only had 6 boxes. I bought 3 at first at 30/ea, then came back for the rest. Got the last two left as another guy got one. So I was able to get 5 total for 30/ea. I don't regret it either even though I know a few months ago it was 20/ea and below. With the ATK/Federal crackdown on "LE-marked" ammo and the ridiculous demand for ammo in general I figured I'd get as much as I could afford. Also got a few plastic ammo boxes for my reloads and some targets.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...
    I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.
    You could always just call the 800 number and ask to be removed from the mailing list. Then no more hyperbolic fund-raising SPAM. That's what they tell people to do if they don't want the mail.
    Why have I clicked the "remove me from these email" links 100x and still get them?

    I gladly give them cash, I don't care about their emails.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    I've been an nra member for over a year now and have had someone renew my membership by mistake (I have no idea). I've never gotten any spam or emails, just my Rifleman magazine. Guess I lucked out!

  23. #23
    Regular Member ChinChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683

    Post imported post

    Decided to go myself this afternoon.

    Arrived at 14:00 and stood in the line. By the time the doors opened at 3Pm; the line to get in was around the building; and wrapped half-way behind it.

    Then there was the second sets of lines once you got into the show. The lines for buying ammo in bulk. Those also wrapped around the column of tables and made passing by or even looking at the merchandise on the neighboring tables.

    But thank goodness the young lady selling spent brass jewelry was back. I could spend all day watching her.

    Don't tell Mrs. Chin Chin.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

  24. #24
    Regular Member Riana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    943

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    But thank goodness the young lady selling spent brass jewelry was back. I could spend all day watching her.

    Don't tell Mrs. Chin Chin.
    Looking just means you're still breathing. Touching means you don't wanna breathe anymore (and I'm sure Mrs. Chin Chin would take care of that for you).

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    How were the prices? Generally higher than before, or about the same?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •