Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GUN SHOW

Post imported post

I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.

Post imported post

I wish I could go but my friend Lauren and her roommates are coming down from JMU and want me to take them to the beach.:shock: I'm also taking her shooting!:celebrate

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I wish I could go but my friend Lauren and her roommates are coming down from JMU and want me to take them to the beach.:shock: I'm also taking her shooting!:celebrate
    Damn it I wish I was that lucky. Instead I'm going to stand in line with a bunch of smelly people who pass gas while walking past you and hope I can find some ammo!

EDIT: 1500 posts!

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    EDIT: 1500 posts!
    Yea I just passed my 700 mark I'm pretty proud lol

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I'll beat you all, I'm going to be inside by 11.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I'll beat you all, I'm going to be inside by 11.
    yeah but you're at work...:P

I'll be sure to stop by and say hello

Post imported post

I'll be there, either tomorrow or Saturday. Depends on if I get tix to the Caps game tomorrow night.

Post imported post

i may go Sunday....

can't go today because of work and kids, or tomorrow since I'll be in Culpeper...

if I don't go Sunday this will be the first Nation's show I've missed in a long time...

only thing I could see myself buying, though, is ammo...and I doubt there is much of it left by Sunday

Post imported post

Have fun. Let me know if the knife sharpening guy comes back this go round. He had a booth 5 shows ago next to where the Virginia Defense Force boys have always been.

Bastard puts the sharpest edge on a blade I've ever seen.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I plan on being there this afternoon. It appears I may have some company from the office joining as well.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
    1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?

Post imported post

ugh i wanted to get their early to grab some primers, but i have a stupid meeting at 1330-1430 that I DON'T WANT OR NEED TO BE IN :X

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:
    At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

Behold, panic buyng.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:

Behold, panic buyng.
    you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:

Behold, panic buyng.
    Hmmm, I guess my plan of showing up "early" at 2:45pm is not going to work well.

Post imported post

Chuckles wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:

Behold, panic buyng.
    Hmmm, I guess my plan of showing up "early" at 2:45pm is not going to work well.
    Yea probably not:shock:

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:

Behold, panic buyng.
    Yeah, I already joined - a freebie with my Taurus purchase last November. So no line-jump for me. And I just can't justify the expense right now to go look at empty ammo tables...

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.
    You could always just call the 800 number and ask to be removed from the mailing list. Then no more hyperbolic fund-raising SPAM. That's what they tell people to do if they don't want the mail.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Show opens at 3pm, but I got there today at 12:45pm and the line was just beginning to form. At 1pm they began selling tickets/ziptie guns/stamp hands and said come back at 3pm to the side door to walk right in. After getting my ticket I went over to Willards BBQ :celebrate:celebratewith useful_idiot 'till 2pm then waited in the side door line till 3.

Glad I did, because I saw only one ammo guy with 9BPLE, only had 6 boxes. I bought 3 at first at 30/ea, then came back for the rest. Got the last two left as another guy got one. So I was able to get 5 total for 30/ea. I don't regret it either even though I know a few months ago it was 20/ea and below. With the ATK/Federal crackdown on "LE-marked" ammo and the ridiculous demand for ammo in general I figured I'd get as much as I could afford. Also got a few plastic ammo boxes for my reloads and some targets.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    You could always just call the 800 number and ask to be removed from the mailing list. Then no more hyperbolic fund-raising SPAM. That's what they tell people to do if they don't want the mail.
    Why have I clicked the "remove me from these email" links 100x and still get them?

I gladly give them cash, I don't care about their emails.

Post imported post

I've been an nra member for over a year now and have had someone renew my membership by mistake (I have no idea). I've never gotten any spam or emails, just my Rifleman magazine. Guess I lucked out!

Post imported post

Decided to go myself this afternoon.

Arrived at 14:00 and stood in the line. By the time the doors opened at 3Pm; the line to get in was around the building; and wrapped half-way behind it.

Then there was the second sets of lines once you got into the show. The lines for buying ammo in bulk. Those also wrapped around the column of tables and made passing by or even looking at the merchandise on the neighboring tables.

But thank goodness the young lady selling spent brass jewelry was back. I could spend all day watching her.

Don't tell Mrs. Chin Chin.

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    But thank goodness the young lady selling spent brass jewelry was back. I could spend all day watching her.

Don't tell Mrs. Chin Chin.
    Looking just means you're still breathing. Touching means you don't wanna breathe anymore (and I'm sure Mrs. Chin Chin would take care of that for you).

Post imported post

How were the prices? Generally higher than before, or about the same?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast