• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUN SHOW

nova

imported post

I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I wish I could go but my friend Lauren and her roommates are coming down from JMU and want me to take them to the beach.:shock: I'm also taking her shooting!:celebrate
Damn it I wish I was that lucky. Instead I'm going to stand in line with a bunch of smelly people who pass gas while walking past you and hope I can find some ammo! :cry:

EDIT: 1500 posts!:lol:

nova

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I'll beat you all, I'm going to be inside by 11.
yeah but you're at work...:p

:lol:

I'll be sure to stop by and say hello :)

trio

imported post

i may go Sunday....

can't go today because of work and kids, or tomorrow since I'll be in Culpeper...

if I don't go Sunday this will be the first Nation's show I've missed in a long time...

only thing I could see myself buying, though, is ammo...and I doubt there is much of it left by Sunday

ChinChin

imported post

Have fun. Let me know if the knife sharpening guy comes back this go round. He had a booth 5 shows ago next to where the Virginia Defense Force boys have always been.

Bastard puts the sharpest edge on a blade I've ever seen.

eyesopened

imported post

nova wrote:
I'm going Friday, I'll be there around 1pm, if not sooner. I figure hopefully I can get a spot near the entrance, and get in line when I start seeing people show up.
1pm? I thought they open to the public at 3pm?

hsmith

imported post

ugh i wanted to get their early to grab some primers, but i have a stupid meeting at 1330-1430 that I DON'T WANT OR NEED TO BE IN :X

ChinChin

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
nova wrote:

At 3PM when the doors open; the line (going both ways) is over 1000 yards long.

Behold, panic buyng.

hsmith

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
nova wrote:

Behold, panic buyng.
you can always cut the line by joining the NRA as well...

IanB

imported post

hsmith wrote:
I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.

Riana

imported post

hsmith wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
nova wrote:

Behold, panic buyng.
Yeah, I already joined - a freebie with my Taurus purchase last November. So no line-jump for me. And I just can't justify the expense right now to go look at empty ammo tables...

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
hsmith wrote:
I'd rather stand in linethan give them myaddress for a mailbox full ofhyperbolic fund-raising SPAM.
You could always just call the 800 number and ask to be removed from the mailing list. Then no more hyperbolic fund-raising SPAM. That's what they tell people to do if they don't want the mail.

nova

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
nova wrote:
Show opens at 3pm, but I got there today at 12:45pm and the line was just beginning to form. At 1pm they began selling tickets/ziptie guns/stamp hands and said come back at 3pm to the side door to walk right in. After getting my ticket I went over to Willards BBQ :celebrate:celebratewith useful_idiot 'till 2pm then waited in the side door line till 3.

Glad I did, because I saw only one ammo guy with 9BPLE, only had 6 boxes. I bought 3 at first at 30/ea, then came back for the rest. Got the last two left as another guy got one. So I was able to get 5 total for 30/ea. I don't regret it either even though I know a few months ago it was 20/ea and below. With the ATK/Federal crackdown on "LE-marked" ammo and the ridiculous demand for ammo in general I figured I'd get as much as I could afford. Also got a few plastic ammo boxes for my reloads and some targets.