• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUN SHOW

hunter45

imported post

I could shoot myself for buying that 7.62x39 at the gun show. As soon as I get home I see that Classic Arms has finally gotten a shipment of it in for the first time in months. Only $149 for 500 rounds, And they have .45s (500 for $159), so I just ordered a case of each.

kle

imported post

Just got back, saw a bunch of pretty good deals on revolvers (chiefly S&W Model 10s, either stock or having been made into PPC guns)...but I need another gun like I need another hole in my head, and my interests lie elsewhere anyways. Walked around for about four hours, shopping for supplies (as I'm full-up on guns at the moment).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is the first one I've skipped since they started again. Didn't miss it. Crowds of people, politeness shot, and no ammo -- didn't hurt me to miss one. Went for a motorcycle ride instead.

DarkHorse

imported post

Well, I made the step into the AR market with my first purchase. I guess Del ton just started producing complete guns a short time ago. A dealer had one there at a slightly inflated price.

Mine is milspec and came in the set up I was looking for .....to start off. Lowest of pricing I saw at some other local shops (those who had them in stock). Then went over to blue ridge to shoot it (after getting it lubed up). All I can say is wow. I don't know why it took so long for me to get one. A ton of fun to shoot! So fun to hole n hole shots at 15 yards. Looking forward to going to an outside range and get my optic zero'd in at 50 yards.

ChinChin

imported post

DarkHorse wrote:
Well, I made the step into the AR market with my first purchase. I guess Del ton just started producing complete guns a short time ago. A dealer had one there at a slightly inflated price.

Mine is milspec and came in the set up I was looking for .....to start off. Lowest of pricing I saw at some other local shops (those who had them in stock). Then went over to blue ridge to shoot it (after getting it lubed up). All I can say is wow. I don't know why it took so long for me to get one. A ton of fun to shoot! So fun to hole n hole shots at 15 yards. Looking forward to going to an outside range and get my optic zero'd in at 50 yards.
May i ask how much that rig set you back?

DarkHorse

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
DarkHorse wrote:

May i ask how much that rig set you back?

$1k. I added a cheap "AIM" red dot scope for 65.00 and flat top rail to raise up the optic for $15.00. (front iron sight can not be taken off without removing pins...so I reviewed by options with one vendor and he told me the best to leave the front iron in place and just raise the optic.....no rear iron sight came i with it). I purchased the scope and rail from other vendors.

Again, I am new to the ar market. I probabley paid too much...but I realize that. The same gun from the maker lists at about 800 (per their website)? But, the front page says that are 12 weeks behind on orders. I just didn't want to wait and go through the transfer thing with a FFL dealer.

I did find one at Grey Ghost prior to the show that was a CMMG (gas piston) mody 5a (i think that was it) for $1275.99. Cheapest gas piston i found...but I don't think I will shoot often enough to take advantage of the benifit of gas piston.

It seems some folks like del ton for their lowers and other parts, it was a milspec rifle so I went for it. Plus, it was new and I didn't want to buy a used one. Sorry, a lot of info for your question

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nice to see nova at the show Friday. Willards BBQ is great--highly recommended. I was there with a co-worker I brought into the fold in the last 6 months. He is awaiting delivery of his first firearm (in MD) and remarked today that the show was like a circus carnival. After a couple hours at the show he realized he wanted to buy an AR-15 as well. I guess we better go shooting next weekend and give him a intro to various models.

I found an oddity Mosin Nagant 31/90 for $cheap (Remington manufactured, dated 1917, Tzar stamped, no serial # and no sights), couple boxes of 7.62 Nagant ammo, a few pounds powder.

Saturday, I got some ammo cans, CZ-52 & Tokarov mags, and AR-15 spare parts. I don't know if anyone noticed, but one of the ammo dealers (two big guys in shorts) had SS109 M855 steel core 5.56 ammo at $600 a case. I thought they had it priced lower than that on Friday, but I guess it sold so fast they figured they should test the price elasticity.

On Sunday I found small pistol primers from a guy with only 1/2 table on the north (or left from entrance) wall. I started getting reloading equipment recently, but I have this vague memory that 1000 primers used to be about $30...instead of $70 at the show. Is that about right? I picked up AR-15 bolts and .308 mags as well.

Anyway, the fun show lived up to it's name for sure!!!

Now...let's go to the range!

nova

imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
On Sunday I found small pistol primers from a guy with only 1/2 table on the north (or left from entrance) wall. I started getting reloading equipment recently, but I have this vague memory that 1000 primers used to be about $30...instead of $70 at the show. Is that about right? I picked up AR-15 bolts and .308 mags as well.

yeah G&A warehouse had 1000primers for 30-33 last time I bought some.

nova

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I could shoot myself for buying that 7.62x39 at the gun show. As soon as I get home I see that Classic Arms has finally gotten a shipment of it in for the first time in months. Only $149 for 500 rounds, And they have .45s (500 for $159), so I just ordered a case of each.
Already sold out :cry:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

nova wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:
On Sunday I found small pistol primers from a guy with only 1/2 table on the north (or left from entrance) wall.  I started getting reloading equipment recently, but I have this vague memory that 1000 primers used to be about $30...instead of $70 at the show.  Is that about right?  I picked up AR-15 bolts and .308 mags as well.

Yeah but there are none now. :(

nova

imported post

longwatch wrote:
nova wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:

Yeah but there are none now. :(
I have about 1500 put away yet so hopefully that'll last me 'till the rush is over. No way I'm paying 70 at the gun show for a product that guy probably bought for 30 to resell.