• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harassment by Four "LEOs"

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

rajiii2002 wrote:
I know I should have gotten there badge numbers and complained,
You should have asked for a business card from their leader; next time consider responding to request to cover up by saying, "well actually. i'm not going to conceal and I want you to call a supervisor right now or I will."

rajiii2002

imported post

Forgive me, but I am rather suprised with the response of my post... You don't have to believe me, I was just stating what happened to me. I am a regular Open Carrier! I have studied many different states gun laws, and hold three state licenses to carry firearms. My post are exactly what I recalled happened, and I tried to give as much detail as I could. I started to "freak out" when I was approached by the three men so called "officers". Next time I might be a little more mentally prepared and can give you some names and badge numbers. I'm not at all trying to prevent anyone from OCing, but to maybe help them be a little more mentally prepared in case this happens to someone else. I still open carry everywhere in Louisville. I just didn't know what to do when all this happened to me, because "it is supposed to happen to everyone else".

I regularly read post from opencarry.org, and I am a big supporter of carryinga firearm!! Sorry it took me a while to respond, I recently moved to Southern Indiana and did not have internet for about a month.

rajiii2002

I am very surprised that nobody has replied to this thread after my last post... I am a truck driver now and I mis carrying firearms, but I am still an active member of these forums and I read them regularly. So, what has happened to everyone that attacked me in this thread?

grampajeep

Harrassment by 4 leos

First of all you have no business oc'ing or cc for that matter if you are not prepared for it. That means both emotionally and phycally. You should have had a DVR ( voice recorder ) and you should have played some situations over in your mind so you would know how to act and what to do.
A few hours in a classroom, a half dozen practice shots, and a few dollars for a piece of plastic with your pic. on it does in no way prepare you to carry a gun.

Gunslinger

Then there is the matter of the post being 18 months old...and to what point is the glossiness of your holster relevant? And finally, what did you do to take action against what may have been four impersonators of cops? I've never seen a "Narcotics" badge. Cop badges are cop badges--rank, agency and some id number. Not what area they work. Even allowing for the fact they were real cops, which I doubt, what did you do? The ball was clearly in your court and you didn't follow-up post.

Last edited:

sultan62

I am very surprised that nobody has replied to this thread after my last post... I am a truck driver now and I mis carrying firearms, but I am still an active member of these forums and I read them regularly. So, what has happened to everyone that attacked me in this thread?

10 posts is your definition of "active"?