• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why can't the NRA be more like the gay community?

1stfreedom

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
1stfreedom wrote in small part:
...4million of them,that is the number of voteing NRA gun owners.
4 million is the total number of magazine subscriptions sold. Your statement, "...that is the number of voteing[sic] NRA gun owners" cannot be objectively substantiated, or indeed that they even own guns.

NRA, moochers and looters.

If you think that it is worth mentioning that about 0.25% are not gun owners then your right,not all members are gun owners.

The NRA does not sell magazine subscriptions.

When I used the term"Activist Judges" I was referring to judges that make an effort to legislate from the bench. I remember seeing an interview about gay marriage and the individual being interviewed said"We just need to get a judge to change the law." Where do people get the idea that a judge can change the law?? They get that idea because it has become common place in area's like the 9th circuit appellate court where judges tend to rule in favor of political influence rather than in favor of how the laws were written.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Aran wrote:
Gray Peterson wrote:
I have a low opinion of people who engage in pro-gun arguments based on not wanting to register their guns, not wanting to be on a "list", not wanting the government in general to destroy their privacy for whatever, and then supporting allow states to use police state tactics against groups that they don't like (gays, hippies, whoever). Such hypocrisy isn't unnoticed by the fence sitters on the left side of the equation.
But them gays and hippies ain't real people!

Reminds me of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brj2UkUPjCI

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

1stfreedom wrote:
When I used the term"Activist Judges" I was referring to judges that make an effort to legislate from the bench. I remember seeing an interview about gay marriage and the individual being interviewed said"We just need to get a judge to change the law." Where do people get the idea that a judge can change the law?? They get that idea because it has become common place in area's like the 9th circuit appellate court where judges tend to rule in favor of political influence rather than in favor of how the laws were written.

Judge are their to interpret the law. When you (or anyone else) disagrees with how they rule, suddenly they're legislating from the bench and not reading the law how it is written. Think of it this way, there's a reason you aren't sitting on the bench, and there's a reason they are. They know more than you and they're the authority on how the law was written and what it means. You're not in a place to tell a judge what the law "actually" means any more than you're in a place to tella brain surgeon how to perform his surgery. You think you know what the law "actually" means because you watch Faux News and read something about it on Wiki, and I can tell a nuclear engineer what he should and shouldn't be doing with a reactor because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :quirky

1stfreedom

imported post

I do not think that anytime I disagree with how a judge rules that they are activist.

I did not say that.

I find it hard to believe that you have never heard of a judges ruling that was so obviously politically motivated that it didn't cause you to stop and wonder.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

1stfreedom wrote:
I find it hard to believe that you have never heard of a judges ruling that was so obviously politically motivated that it didn't cause you to stop and wonder.
Occasionally? Yea, but none come to mind off the top of my head. In the case of anything homosexual community related, not at all.

1stfreedom

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
1stfreedom wrote:
Occasionally? Yea, but none come to mind off the top of my head. In the case of anything homosexual community related, not at all.
and on those one or two occasions,did you know more than they did?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
I have a low opinion of people who engage in pro-gun arguments based on not wanting to register their guns, not wanting to be on a "list", not wanting the government in general to destroy their privacy for whatever, and then supporting allow states to use police state tactics against groups that they don't like (gays, hippies, whoever).  Such hypocrisy isn't unnoticed by the fence sitters on the left side of the equation.
+1,000,000

Lord_Kalen

imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
I have a low opinion of people who engage in pro-gun arguments based on not wanting to register their guns, not wanting to be on a "list", not wanting the government in general to destroy their privacy for whatever, and then supporting allow states to use police state tactics against groups that they don't like (gays, hippies, whoever). Such hypocrisy isn't unnoticed by the fence sitters on the left side of the equation.
Im a hick , and I mean a big lumbering ratty clothed dirty messy socially maladjusted old gun carryingHick that lives in alair and hates going intoany large urban setting..

How many of us are supporting police state tactics against gays or hippies ?

Im considered "far right" , Im in truthvery opposed to gay marriage/adoption , but ...

Ive got alot of Gay/lesbian friends , and I do mean alot .... I support there right to be the way they are and 2 of my Oath bothers are gay/bi, but Iam very opposed to laws directly against them but not of the opinion there should be a societal stamp of approval ... but then again Imnot in support of a societal stamp of dissaproval ...

I personally think the Issue should be handled like religion , in there should be no law infringing , or establishing or suporting

Ive got alot of "Hippy" friends aswell and am extremely oposed to some of the police state tactics that have been in use against them aswell in the past

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

1stfreedom wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
1stfreedom wrote:
and on those one or two occasions,did you know more than they did?

No, that's why it's my opinion and not absolute fact. When they don't rule in my favor I may not like it, but I'm not going to jump on the "zomg they're all wrong!" bandwagon. I have no problem admitting that I don't know enough about a given subject to have a solid opinion, so I'm always open to new information and the idea thatmy opinion very well could be wrong,and I don't run around crying about "activist" judges.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"Why can't the NRA be more like the gay community?"

Apparently because "we" (as a group) can't stay on topic and focused long enough. Most of the "doers" I know have left this board, less Mike and John, notably, with a few others, for this very reason.

Now, to answer the question - well, a modified question - we can, and are. That is, gun owners can and are. The NRA is only one subset. The NRA is only the best-known of the groups. The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear arms (CCRKBA) are as relentless, but not as well funded and not as particular about the "scope" of issues they fight.

SteveInAshand

imported post

1st its Homosexual, not gay, gay is a public relations word made up to make a small minority of very emotionally-mentally -spiritually ill persons sound happy & well adjusted in order to cast your intuitive reasoning of what is right and what is wrong into doubt, thus acceptance.

That is like a gun company coming up with a term , why its the new "hunting machine gun".

Misconceptions about the "right" ( like me ) and the "far right".

Me: RIGHT: Homosexuals live a deviant life, they are broken people, broken like most of us from an abnormal childhood, just broken in a different way.

Homosexuals are hypnotized and acting out the psycho sexual identity displacement programing from child hood , just in a different fashion than you or I.

The males take on mothers traits and the females take on fathers traits, many times due strictly because of resentment due to the lack of love , pressure and mental abuse at the hands of the person whos sexual identity they assume.

They have taken on the sexual traits visa vi a downloaded resentment of one parent over the other parent in a reverse.

( No I am not a psychologist but I did go to Dunkin Donuts this morning;) )

FAR RIGHT: Homos are of the devil, they are all all child molesters if they havent molested then they soon will, kill them

Me: RIGHT: Homosexuals are moderately mentally ill, most are highly functioning in other areas of their life ( compensation) BUT they have the 2A right to own and bear guns, machine guns, what ever type of guns and open carry.

FAR RIGHT: Homos are not rational enough to own guns they should be adjudicated mentally insane & thus stripped of the 2A. to posses firearms.

FAR RIGHT: Homo friends , why I would never even associate with a homo unless they come to Jesus 1st.

Me:RIGHT I have had many homosexual men & women as dear friends and still do to this very day.

Ok , Psycho Babble to follow ( you been warned )

They ( my homo friends ) they actually "agree" with me once I show them how angry they are and how angry the far right is which keeps everyone in a state of hardened conditioning and ego based defense of the conditioning.

I have shown them how for example lets take my 2 dear close lesbian friends , both of who are not related to each other one is 22 thee other is 53.

I showed each of them how they hated trier father who left them and how they took on their mothers hatred of trier father because each of thier mom's was abandoned by each of thier dad's and now both of these women had taken on a masculine identity complete with the sexual burning a man has for a women, it is psychological conditioning the sexual part is secondary acting out the programing.

They came from a home were Dad was absent or when He was there he was not the good strong alpha loving leader & protector, he was lacking in true masculine identity and thus Mom more than likely hen pecked hi to death, drove him to some form of madness ( drinking) arguments, or in some cases dad will capitulate and become submissive , many times mom will drive dad out of the house .

Once mom drives dad away or dad flat out leaves because he cannot handle mom
( love mom properly ) because women are illogical and men dont think with emotions ( unless they become homosexual and take on moms mental identity ) mom then downloaded her resentments into the 2 girls.

Humans are susceptible to all forms of identity conditioning processes when they fall to hate do to a scism in the home Father-Mother dynamic.

If you leave a boy or a girl alone with only a mother you stand a great chance the child will be a homosexual, homosexuality is a dominant female, female based identity problem.

If you leave a boy or girl to be raised by a single man you stand a much greater chance of the child being hetero sexual .

----> I would rather be raised by a confused decent homosexual father than an openly angry heterosexual mother.

Hate or its milder form called resentment due to a childhood lack of love protection or traumatic mental injury which sets us all up for some form of psycho sexual deviation from normalcy.

Resentment makes a person take on the same identity and actions of the person you hate.

FAR RIGHT: Many neo Nazi's are homosexuals because they became what they hate, they hated their dad's, just like many of the old Nazis from Germany they all cane from mother dominated homes and these hate filled Nazi homosexuals wanted to get their masculinity back, thy scape goate the Jews when all they had to do is look at there own home life to the answers.

I teach my homo friends how to shoot , they need it more than most heteros do after all if you are a minority group such as a homosexual, even if you are sexualy displaced you are in real mortal danger of the far right who could hurt you, so I teach homosexuals how to protect them selves.

I think we all one day have to be human and leave sexuality behind, sex is for the young breeders, an enlightened person leaves it all behind him or her and then becomes fully human.

I also think its the Man's job to lead, not by force but by "gravitational" force of love.

I think every problem in the home becomes very problem in society all due to the lack of a father who is not a man who does not know how to deal with his women.

I blame it all of Dad, but until you learn to forgive dad you will not be able to see and think clearly and you ego will protect the misplaced identity that has sprung up in you.

Babbling rant over

PS: Any of homos want to go shooting with me, i did not say shooting not "at" me lol:p

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aran wrote:
Maybe it'd be best if you took your bile elsewhere, after all.
I believe Aran is correct. Some of us may have just thrown up a little in our mouths. Such ignorance is not the way to advance our cause.

Edit: I mean, I see you're trying to portray yourself as tolerant compared to the so-called "Far Right", but homosexuality is not a mental illness. A given condition doesn't meet the objective criteria which define "illness" if the only negative effects are in fact of external causality (in this case societal).

Being born ugly may make it hard to get dates, but it's not an "illness". Being Black may cause undue hardships hanging out with the KKK, but it's not an "illness".

Oh, and this was ignorant:

SteveInAshand wrote:
1st its Homosexual, not gay, gay is a public relations word made up to make a small minority of very emotionally-mentally -spiritually ill persons sound happy & well adjusted in order to cast your intuitive reasoning of what is right and what is wrong into doubt, thus acceptance.

And so what if they wanted to use a word that makes them sound happy and well-adjusted, dispelling preconceptions to the contrary? Most are happy and well-adjusted (except for the inevitable "my gay friends" of yours, all of whom conveniently secretly agree with your bigoted rants, in the process their existence making you the unquestionable arbiter of All Things Gay). Notice we like to discuss our "Natural Right" to "Keep and Bear Arms", rather than using negatively charged language like "gun nut".

PT111

imported post

marshaul wrote:
And so what if they wanted to use a word that makes them sound happy and well-adjusted, dispelling preconceptions to the contrary? Most are happy and well-adjusted (except for the inevitable "my gay friends" of yours, all of whom conveniently secretly agree with your bigoted rants, in the process their existence making you the unquestionable arbiter of All Things Gay). Notice we like to discuss our "Natural Right" to "Keep and Bear Arms", rather than using negatively charged language like "gun nut".

What would you say if your name was Gay and you had run a men's clothing store since 1945 named Gay Clothing. Now you find that you must either change the name of your store and possibly your name or go out of business. I don't care why they chose to call themselves gay or the gay community but I refuse to use it. The same way I refuse to use the term African-American. Either you are African or you are American but not both.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Aran wrote:
Maybe it'd be best if you took your bile elsewhere, after all.
1) The 1st Amendment "is what it is" pal , until what "you" think of my opinions should been deemed as hate think / hate talk... or carried further a disagreement is adjudicated into a felony ( Stalin style ) we will just have to put up with armed sassy mouthed babblers like me now wont we.;) after all I put up with your warped version of the 1Amendment with 3/4 naked mock humping tit ring pierced sadomasochist homosexuals marching in the street of every major city in pride
( arrogance ) parades don't I:?

2) My homosexual friends will stick up for me. ( unless you think my homosexual friends are mental ill ? ( the pot calling the kettle a tea cup).

Lord knows there is NO such thing as a spiritually / mentally ill homosexual, that would break down the whole lie of gay is happy is well adjusted, why heck only heteros are susceptible to being mentality ill.

The reason we all have problems drink smoke, food , stress, drugs, relationship. marriage, family, anger, sex problems etc...is ego .

We are all have a pride nature that is invested in our failings as virtues, ( playing God while denying God) so when an iconoclast like me comes along and sticks a pin in the ego shell of denial that you have built your failing lifestyle identity on, you then must attack me that is what egos do, the false self must deny it is unhealthy in order to survive , in fact it has a spiritual dimension to it there is something ominous on the other side of the curtain of ego in every human with a prideful ego shell

Communists do the same thing , you either accept their form of morality ( absence of ) or you will be shipped off to a reeducation camp ( here we call them public schools )

If I don't open my mouth not one of you would even know that I have homosexual friends OR that I "know" it is an upset of the moral sexual identity of an otherwise normal person, because I don't bash homosexuals I don't wear anti homo Tshirts.

I just open my mouth then ohhhhhh say Sam Adams mayor of Portland grooms a 17 year old boy to seduce him at 18 ,then you are going to know my opinion.

I am also am not marching down Folsom street in butt open chaps acting like a programed fool for silly ego based acceptance & attention for my sexual addictions.

PS: after these 2 posts of mine have been read by you in this forum for a day I will edit them out of existence because I really don't "get off" on causing turbulence for turbulence sake after all that would be the sign of the sick ego's that I am speaking about;)