• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock

Hendu024

imported post

I've always been a big fan of .40s&w, and I carry a G23. The full size is a little too big for me to CC easily, and since my mitts are pretty big, the subcompact is too small for me. You could always get the mags with the finger grip attached, and that helps the problem, but I've found that the 23 is the perfect balance between the two.

For CC'ing IWB, I like the Glock, because it doesn't have any external jagged or sharp edges to dig in to my hip or anything, with the exception of the slide release, which I never notice. Some people don't like the way Glocks shoot, but for me it's always been point and click. I can go months without shooting, and I pick up my Glock and it's like an extension of my hand.

Gotta love 'em...

smash29

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
Also, I added that Hogue rubber grip, and for 10 bucks, that makes all the difference in the world. It's night and day with that grip.
Do you have any trouble with the rubber grip sticking on your shirt? I had one on my Kahr for a while and it definitely made it more comfortable to handle but the tackiness of the Hogue made it a PITA to keep the gun concealed. Every time I bent down, took a knee, or twisted I had to readjust my shirt. Not too subtle...

Springfield45

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
jerg_064 wrote:
I really like my G17, which is my carry pistol. But there are at least 2 mods that I highly advise on the glocks.

An extended slide release, and an extended mag release.

I would recommend against getting an 'extended slide release'. Glocks, like most automatic pistols, have a slide stop, not a slide release. The slide stop is not designed to release the slide by pushing down on the slide stop lever. The firearm is designed to have the slide pulled back to re-charge it.
While you are correct, that it is called a slide stop lever; the GLOCK Manual says that using this to release the slide is a viable method. The slide release/stop/lock lever can be used to bring the gun into battery from the locked back position. Eventually (10k rounds or so) the part may where out, and you will need another ($8).
Huh ? Who told you that ?
My G22 is running 95K rds strong, I haven't replaced a single part.
My G23 is running over 40K rds strong, haven't replaced a single part.
My G21 is running well over 145Krds strong, haven't replaced a single part, And I've done some mean things to this gun. Very mean.
My G19 is running about 35K rds strong, since I bought it used, replaced a trigger return spring (Gen1)

The list goes on, every Glock (8 total) I own has at least 25K rounds through it and I have never had an issue with the slide lock.

Maybe I got lucky ?

~~Springfield

ETA

JDriver1.8t

imported post

^MAY go bad. Heard of two cases that it wore down and would not always hold locked back.

The point is that even IF it did wear out a part, it is cheap. I have about 7k through my G23 and haven't had a single problem, fte, or ftf.

Dustin

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
My G21 is running well over 145Krds strong, haven't replaced a single part, And I've done some mean things to this gun. Very mean.
My G19 is running about 35K rds strong, since I bought it used, replaced a trigger return spring (Gen1)

The list goes on, every Glock (8 total) I own has at least 25K rounds through it and I have never had an issue with the slide lock.

Maybe I got lucky ?

~~Springfield

ETA
Cough, Cough... BULLSHIT !!!!

You expect us to believe that at age 26, you've fired over 415,000 rounds !?!?

You might could pass this lie to your myspace or something, but not on a forum where people know better !

Even if you bought WOLF ammo, that would equal out to OVER $150,000 !!!

Is your last name Gates ?

I'll have to raise the flag on this one !

BS%20Flag.gif

Hendu024

imported post

smash29 wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
Also, I added that Hogue rubber grip, and for 10 bucks, that makes all the difference in the world. It's night and day with that grip.
Do you have any trouble with the rubber grip sticking on your shirt? I had one on my Kahr for a while and it definitely made it more comfortable to handle but the tackiness of the Hogue made it a PITA to keep the gun concealed. Every time I bent down, took a knee, or twisted I had to readjust my shirt. Not too subtle...
I did notice it stuck to my shirt a bit when I carried SOB, but I normally carry at the 9 o'clock position (I'm left-handed) and I don't notice it much.

Hendu024

imported post

smash29 wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
I did notice it stuck to my shirt a bit when I carried SOB, but I normally carry at the 9 o'clock position (I'm left-handed) and I don't notice it much.

Springfield45

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Springfield45 wrote:

Maybe I got lucky ?

~~Springfield

ETA
Cough, Cough... BULL@#$% !!!!

You might could pass this lie to your myspace or something, but not on a forum where people know better !

BS%20Flag.gif
It's very common. I can put you in touch with many others, YOUNGER than me that have shot more. I am very involved in sportshooting and I have been since age 5.
I have over 250K rounds of shotgun under my belt.
And who says all the ammunition was factory ammo ? Or even purchased by me ?

At 2,500 - 3,500 rounds on a Saturday, and the same amount on a Sunday.
1,000 - 1,500 Tuesday evenings.
500-1,000 Thursday evenings.
Occasionally 500-1,000 on Wed. mornings.
Random oddball shoots / competitions that may run during the week I attend.
It adds up very very fast.
Add it up and do the rest of your math next time you're looking to insult someone.
Plus Practice ammo....

~~Sprinfgield

Dustin

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
Springfield45 wrote:

Maybe I got lucky ?

~~Springfield

ETA
Cough, Cough... BULL@#$% !!!!

BS%20Flag.gif
It's very common. I can put you in touch with many others, YOUNGER than me that have shot more. I am very involved in sportshooting and I have been since age 5.
I have over 250K rounds of shotgun under my belt.
And who says all the ammunition was factory ammo ? Or even purchased by me ?

At 2,500 - 3,500 rounds on a Saturday, and the same amount on a Sunday.
1,000 - 1,500 Tuesday evenings.
500-1,000 Thursday evenings.
Occasionally 500-1,000 on Wed. mornings.
Random oddball shoots / competitions that may run during the week I attend.
It adds up very very fast.
Add it up and do the rest of your math next time you're looking to insult someone.
Plus Practice ammo....

~~Sprinfgield

I'm not looking to insult anyone, but you insult us if you think your going to state something like that and not get called out on it.

I'm well aware of lots of people who have shot competition and some who are Pro's. None of them claim those kinds of numbers.

Eitherway it's your fantasy world, live there all you like.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey guys I wanted to thank you Marines for fighting for our country no matter the mission and a really good post. I just put down some money on a glock 21 im pretty excited to start OCing that thing.
I am buying a new one that was fired once at the factory,anything I should do to it was newby?

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

As a non Glock owner I can only say that I choose not to buy Glock because they feel like crap in my hand. And I make jokes at Glock owners out of fun for owning the "me too" gun.

But in all reality, it has to be one of the best guns if you want it to go bang everytime for all of eternity with good customer support. Ill try and find a link to a Glock torture test i read where a guy put 1000 rounds through one withouta single cleaning. Barrel was fouled smooth and it kept goin. Baby powder and water over night was the only thing that really slowed it down...he even dropped it from a cessna just for fun and it ketpt firing.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Ohh I didnt know KY was common wealth humm thats pretty sweet. Can you own your land with a loadial title like TX?
Well it was a crime of opportunity the new xd was 617 and there was a glock for 474 so you know I went with the glock I mean normally a new one around here in North East OH goes for no minimum for 550.
Actually I think I wanna contact Springfield and see if they will give me an XD/XDM to stress test that thing and completly destroy it.I had an idea in using freon or another gas and freezing it to the strees point and firing it at the same time,and then the complete opposite heating it to its stress point.
Go out to Oahu give it to the marines stationed in Kaneohe and have them do whatever they could to dive with it and do whatever Marines do to their weapons lol.
That would be alot of fun.

imported post

To poster abovewho thanked the Marines:

We appreciate the thanks. Thanks for supporting us, there arnt many of your type left.

Semper Fidellis - Do or Die.

ohrah

Glock It

imported post

I love my Glocks

I have my G29 SF on my hip right now. For a new shooter I think the G26/27 is the perfect CC gun. It is small , powerful and will shoot everything thing including the kitchen sink..

I dropped my G27 off my dock by accident, it sat in about 12 feet of brackish water for 15 minutes while I got my mask, light, snorkel, etc..

I got it out luckily, field stripped it, dried it off a little bit then fired away.. the gun was still very muddy and wet...but I pumped rapid fire, 14rds of 180 Gr Ranger SXTs into a dock piling 25 feet away.. try doing that w/ a fancy pants SIG or custom $1500 Kimber 1911....

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Computer Medic Milwaukee wrote:
To poster abovewho thanked the Marines:

We appreciate the thanks. Thanks for supporting us, there arnt many of your type left.

Semper Fidellis - Do or Die.

ohrah
I can assure you sir that among gunowners, military personnel are held in high regards with respect. Many times, I have stopped someone in the military and thanked them for their service to our nation.

I believe I can speak for all of us on this site when I say thank you fine people for your sacrifices and efforts.