• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Super Dell Charged With Carrying a Concealed Weapon Without a Permit

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6258721

Super Dell' Schanze faces several charges April 24th, 2009 @ 9:20am SARATOGA SPRINGS -- Utah's most well-known computer pitchman is going to defend himself next week against weapons and reckless driving charges in Saratoga Springs.
"Super Dell" Schanze was stopped Aug. 18 by a Saratoga Springs officer for allegedly weaving in and out of traffic.
City prosecutor Lindsay Jarvis says the officer found a loaded gun in a fanny pack Schanze was wearing. She says Schanze's concealed-carry permit had expired and no one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Schanze has pleaded not guilty to all counts. He says he wasn't carrying a weapon and that he was rocking the car back and forth to entertain the kids and never left his traffic lane.
He also says he, his wife and four children were all wearing seat belts.
Jarvis says there have been some unusual conversations in and out of court. One happened as Schanze approached Jarvis, her secretary and a police officer after a hearing.
"There were statements that were made that I obviously can't go into because they are part of the case, but it was agressive. It was uncomfortable for everyone," she said.
In one hearing, Schanze claimed to have once had a relationship with Jarvis, telling her, in court, "You know you think I'm hot." Jarvis says she'd never met Schanze until the charges surfaced.
A hearing is scheduled for May 1.

imported post

thank you government.

look at all the pointless laws this guy broke:celebrate

what a joke our government has become

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
City prosecutor Lindsay Jarvis says the officer found a loaded gun in a fanny pack Schanze was wearing. She says Schanze's concealed-carry permit had expired
What really sucks is this will not be a crime in 18 days. If new laws would take effect when the Governor signs them, Mr. Schanze would be just fine!

Now I am curious what happened that led to the discovery of his firearm. :question:

Amendment 2

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6258721

Super Dell' Schanze faces several charges April 24th, 2009 @ 9:20am SARATOGA SPRINGS -- Utah's most well-known computer pitchman is going to defend himself next week against weapons and reckless driving charges in Saratoga Springs.
"Super Dell" Schanze was stopped Aug. 18 by a Saratoga Springs officer for allegedly weaving in and out of traffic.
City prosecutor Lindsay Jarvis says the officer found a loaded gun in a fanny pack Schanze was wearing. She says Schanze's concealed-carry permit had expired and no one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Schanze has pleaded not guilty to all counts. He says he wasn't carrying a weapon and that he was rocking the car back and forth to entertain the kids and never left his traffic lane.
He also says he, his wife and four children were all wearing seat belts.
Jarvis says there have been some unusual conversations in and out of court. One happened as Schanze approached Jarvis, her secretary and a police officer after a hearing.
"There were statements that were made that I obviously can't go into because they are part of the case, but it was agressive. It was uncomfortable for everyone," she said.
In one hearing, Schanze claimed to have once had a relationship with Jarvis, telling her, in court, "You know you think I'm hot." Jarvis says she'd never met Schanze until the charges surfaced.
A hearing is scheduled for May 1.
This guy is a complete nut case. I personally do not like Dell Schanze he needs to tone it down just a little bit.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

2nd Amendment wrote:
This guy is a complete nut case. I personally do not like Dell Schanze he needs to tone it down just a little bit.
I see this statement a lot. Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? :question::question::question:

SD.jpg

killswitch1982

imported post

I have had the misfortune of meeting Dell a few times. The man in mentally unbalanced. When he owned the gun store he would always hound me into buying a gun and then when I would tell him "Hey, I don't have the money to buy right now" he would then brag about all the cars he's had(and wrecked).

This isn't the first time dear ol' Dell has been in trouble with the law for driving wrecklessly or firearms. He gives all of us gun owners a bad image.

He can't even keep a business running. He now has to resort to cheating people out of money with those high intrest title loan places.

I don't know if the guy is just stupid or if he truely has mental problems but he is a loser either way. You would think he'd learn his lesson with all the times he's been in trouble with the law, but obviously not.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
2nd Amendment wrote:

killswitch1982 wrote:
The man in mentally unbalance[d].
Sounds like a loonie-kazoonie.

But he still has a right to a gun. :uhoh:

killswitch1982

imported post

MousePrifeII wrote:
anyone who says "loonie-kazoonie" seriously... should not have a gun

Well you just said it too, so I'm going to need all your guns and ammo. I will PM you with and address and directions of where you can drop them off. Thanks for the free guns.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

This story highlights how the actions of a single person can have a very negative effect on the public perception of gun owners and gun carriers.

Ignoring all tactics, and personal preferences, OC has the great advantage of providing opportunities to educate and enlighten both the general public and government officials alike.

OC has the risk of providing opportunities to offend, frighten, and turn off both the general public and government officials alike.

It is impossible to legislate good manners.

But each of us should carefully consider how our own conduct and demeanor reflects on the larger RKBA community and either advances or damages our efforts to have our rights fully respected by both law and society.

Dell Schanze has certainly managed to do more than his share to damage public perception of gun owners and carriers with his various run ins with the law, the media, etc. It should be and shortly will be legal to have a concealed and/or loaded handgun in your own car without a permit. At least for adults, seat belt use should be a personal decision, IMO.

But speeding (as he did through the neighborhood below point of the mountain), and reckless driving (as he is accused of doing in this case) are rightfully against the law. Had he not been speeding through the neighborhood a couple of years ago, he'd never have been in a situation to need to access his gun against an angry mob.

Let's just try to be aware of not only how our conduct affects public perception of RKBA, but also how our conduct affects our personal safety. Those who legally carry a gun should be the last ones to ever need to use a gun because we should be going the extra mile to avoid confrontation, to defuse it peacefully if at all possible, to retreat if we can safely do so.

Charles

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
2nd Amendment wrote:
I see this statement a lot. Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? :question::question::question:

SD.jpg
I agree with my hubby. I have met him and I don't think he is a nut case. I think the media has made him out that way. He is a normal everyday Joe and very friendly. There is always two sides to every story. Maybe some things did happen that the media said, but do you really know the whole true story. Don't judge a book by its cover.

killswitch1982

imported post

I agree Charles, but here in lies the crux of dear ol' Dell: he is a self-centered, egocentric stooge. He only cares about himself. If he was concerned for others he would not have been speeding through a neighborhood with kids, he would not have been weaving in and out of traffic, he would by have falsely claimed the officer was once in a relationship with him and said "you know I'm hot" to her IN A COURT ROOM, because all he thinks about is himself.

If he cared about anyone else but himself then he wouldn't be playing the role of a victim. He would man-up and take responsability for his douchebaggery. Not " Oh KSL is biased! They're out to get me! The police are out to get me! It's not MY fault that I was speeding through a neighborhood with kids/driving wrecklessly/carrying with an expired permit/crashed every car, motorcycle, and ultra-light aircraft I've ever owned! I'm a victim!"

Frankly I hope he is found guilty and given the strictest punishment available for his actions. Maybe then he will finally learn not to be a tool.

killswitch1982

imported post

HankT wrote:
anyone who says "douchebaggery" seriously... should not have a ....you know.

If you can get them from me they are all yours. I have to warn you, I have an ill-tempered weiner dog and a hyper-active toy fox terrier guarding my apartment. You may lose a testicle or two in the process.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I think we can all agree that Dell is a media whore, but it seems to work for him. And in case you have not noticed, the media thrives on his types. How many people every month are pulled over, and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, and we never hear about it?

He is not theonly person in Utahthat is charged with weapons violations, but the media will jump all over it because of who he is. And it will not stop with guns either. You can bet that if he doesn't mow his lawn with enough frequency, it will probably be in the news.

As far as swerving back and forth in your lane goes, how many of us have done that on purpose? I know that I have. I will even throw my wife under the bus and say she has done it too. The only crime that even makes this newsworthy is the fact that his firearm was in a fannypack. :p

killswitch1982

imported post

Sorry. Not buying it. He brings it on himself and then plays the "they're just out to get me" act.

I had called him out on it once, on YouTube I think, about his speeding through a neighborhood and he actually said to me " we all speed. You speed, I speed we all do it!" I informed him that I didn't since it's the LAW not to and also informed him most people don't DOUBLE the speed limit on a residential street.

Dell, like all egocentric people, feels that mundane rules like speed limits and other traffic laws, or piloting aircraft over restricted areas like I-15 do not apply to him and when he gets in trouble for BREAKING those laws then "they are just out to get him".

Poor Dell, everyone just wants to get him.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

killswitch1982 wrote:
Sorry. Not buying it. He brings it on himself and then plays the "they're just out to get me" act.

I had called him out on it once, on YouTube I think, about his speeding through a neighborhood and he actually said to me " we all speed. You speed, I speed we all do it!" I informed him that I didn't since it's the LAW not to and also informed him most people don't DOUBLE the speed limit on a residential street.

Dell, like all egocentric people, feels that mundane rules like speed limits and other traffic laws, or piloting aircraft over restricted areas like I-15 do not apply to him and when he gets in trouble for BREAKING those laws then "they are just out to get him".

Poor Dell, everyone just wants to get him.
I can assure you that THERE IS NO RESTRICTED AIRSPACE OVER I-15 IN THE STATE OF UTAH! I am a pilot and my aviation charts are current!
Mr. Shanze was not charged with flight in restricted airspace!

killswitch1982

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I can assure you that THERE IS NO RESTRICTED AIRSPACE OVER I-15 IN THE STATE OF UTAH! I am a pilot and my aviation charts are current!
Mr. Shanze was not charged with flight in restricted airspace,
OK then, what ever he did over I-15 to get in trouble. He's still an imbecile. He's crashed his ultra-light once already, and he has been in trouble for flying too close to excursion boats in the Great Salt Lake. Ask him about his half missing finger because he was riding his motorcycle too fast and wrecked it.

He makes Open/Concealed carry advocates look bad. All this negative publicity because of him comes back on US because those who are ignorant think we are ALL like this!

Don't defend him, he got himself into this. He needs to go before the man and take his whopping just like the rest of us.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

WhateverMr. Shanzehas been acused of doing, he is INNOCENT of the charges UNTIL they have been proven in court or he pleads guilty.

LawEnforcement have been known to cite someone for something that they CAN'T PROVE in court. Just because someone has been CHARGED does not make them guilty!

Is he a friend of mine? Nope, I have seen him in person one time and I did not speak with him. I did make a computer purchase several years ago from the company that he owned. That is the extent of my interactions with him.

I don't care who it is.... WE ARE ALL INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW!

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I think we can all agree that Dell is a media whore, but it seems to work for him. And in case you have not noticed, the media thrives on his types. How many people every month are pulled over, and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, and we never hear about it?

He is not theonly person in Utahthat is charged with weapons violations, but the media will jump all over it because of who he is. And it will not stop with guns either. You can bet that if he doesn't mow his lawn with enough frequency, it will probably be in the news.

As far as swerving back and forth in your lane goes, how many of us have done that on purpose? I know that I have. I will even throw my wife under the bus and say she has done it too. The only crime that even makes this newsworthy is the fact that his firearm was in a fannypack. :p
At least he lives life to the fullest. All of you that dislike the man and everything he does... have you ever done anything wrong in your life? Have you ever broken the law? Have you ever been guilty about something where no one found out, etc. catch my drift? Like Kev said...... I bet if he didn't mow his lawn with enough frequency, it would probably be in the news.