• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N R A BASHING TO THE RIGHT OF ME

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Being new to CCW and brand new to OC it seems that we 2A supporters would be better united . Through this forum the free 1 year NRA membership arrived this week and SOG sent a note saying the free MICRO knife will ship within 45 days .

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

When you consider the fact that the NRA has nothing to do with 2A support, then you'll realize why so many hardliners aren't exactly "united" with them.

The NRA is political and it plays politics well. They do enough worthless stuff to make you think they're accomplishing something (so you keep sending the monies), but never do they really expend any effort or accomplish anything worthwhile. Sound familiar? Welcome to American politics.

1stfreedom

imported post

the NRA has been around since 1871 and did not start ILA untill 1975.

They have 186 different programs, ILA is responsible for about 26.

There is quite a bit more than politics going on there

1stfreedom

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
When you consider the fact that the NRA has nothing to do with 2A support, then you'll realize why so many hardliners aren't exactly "united" with them.

The NRA is political and it plays politics well. They do enough worthless stuff to make you think they're accomplishing something (so you keep sending the monies), but never do they really expend any effort or accomplish anything worthwhile. Sound familiar? Welcome to American politics.

Nothing worth while? Really!?

Lets take a look at the decrease in firearms accidents over the past 10 or twelve years. I would think that promoting the safe and responsible handling of firearms would be worth while. Wouldn't you?

The Eddie Eagle program is used by schools and LE all over the country and has had contact with over 12 million children. At the same time firearms accidents among children goes down!! Worth while??

The number of NRA Certified Instructors has more than doubled in the past 7 years to 57,000. At the same time the number of ND and "accidental shootings has been steadily dropping! Worth while??

Coaching and scholarship programs for our youth shooting athletes. In schools!! Is that worth while??

Does the NRA feel that proper training should be "required" prior to having a firearm? No.Is handling a firearm without proper training foolish and irresponsible? Yes!

Now before you get into the money that the NRA makes from its Instructors,Coaches and Trainers,,, one time processing fee,$20.00, $7.50 for adding disciplines,about $6.00 for renewal. Most of the student packets cost about $20.00,Thats it! when an Instructor holds a course, what ever they charge, they keep.

There is so much more, but you get the point.

Do you consider any of the above NOT worth while??

1stfreedom

imported post

you have a very narrow view on what dictates public opinion concerning firearms

And if you do not think that public opinion plays a roll in gun control, then you are quite naive as well.

Let me ask you, what organization does as much or more?

Aran

Banned
imported post

What exactly does the NRA do, beyond compromise on every issue and happily insert the big black buttplug into gun owners everywhere?

I need a baseline for comparison, you see.

1stfreedom

imported post

Who is fighting in your State right now to keep employers from forcing you to keep your guns at home when you go to work.

Try to answer this one with an answer instead of another question.