• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA files suit !!!!

pepsi

imported post

After the shootings ,and killing of 3 police officers in Pittsburgh, now the city wants to act on something that will NOT prevent this from happening again. The mind set of local politicians scareme ! The nut job that shot these officers,all his weapons wereregistered,andobtained legally. It's noton this link,butsome citizenswant the gun shop owner to close down his shop WTF???? The gun store dealerdid obey the law and all gunspurchased by this police killer went through all the background checks. The gun shop owner did NOTHING wrong.. I'd rather have a gun shopclose to my house instead of aHome Depot. Just my opinion :p

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09114/965259-100.stm

ChinChin

imported post

pepsi_am wrote:
After the shootings ,and killing of 3 police officers in Pittsburgh, now the city wants to act on something that will NOT prevent this from happening again. The mind set of local politicians scareme ! The nut job that shot these officers,all his weapons wereregistered,andobtained legally. It's noton this link,butsome citizenswant the gun shop owner to close down his shop WTF???? The gun store dealerdid obey the law and all gunspurchased by this police killer went through all the background checks. The gun shop owner did NOTHING wrong.. I'd rather have a gun shopclose to my house instead of aHome Depot. Just my opinion :p

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09114/965259-100.stm

Best thing to do is to give this gun shop owner more business then he's ever seen. Have all your friends stop buy to purchase a couple boxs of ammo, an extra cleaning kit, some hoppes bottles. . .whatever they can afford.

Bombard your local papers with editorials on how you can understand a community's outrage, but directing that outrage at a shop owner who didn't break any law is like targeting a Ford dealership after a car bought there was driven by a drunk who killed a family of 4.

I'm all for rightous indignation ; but you have to aim that crap at the correct target.