• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out of Stater from Oregon

PMartin

imported post

Hello all,
I found this site a few weeks back and think I'll be a regular here :)

Anyhow, I live in Oregon but will be starting a new job in the Richland area that will require me to travel quit a bit, particularly along border area's in Washington and Nationally. I will remain an oregon resident, however I will be spending about half my time in Washington.
With that said:

1) Any tips pertinent particularly to out of staters for OC and CC?
2) Where would be the best place to acquire my CPL for Washington?
3) Any other relevant tips/advice pertaining to a person in my situation (ie traveling across state borders alot and like to CC or OC as much as possible)

Thanks in advance, you guys are doing great work up here.

just_a_car

imported post

Though it's quite the drive for you, I've been told by folk on here that Kitsap County S.O. does same-day CPL's.

Many who've gone through them have said they walked in with the filled-out form and walked out with their CPL after 15-20 minutes. They have also recommended them for out-of-staters because then you don't have to wait so long for the license (up to 60 days, by law... which some jurisdictions will intentionally take the whole time for, just 'cause they can).

Trigger Dr

imported post

Kitsap Sheriff is no longer processing that quickly due to the hugeincrease in applications. Still it would be faster than other places.