Thread: Response from Chelan County

Post imported post

I got this response from the County of Chelan:
    We will be considering changes to our code to bring us into compliance with WA State RCWs. We have scheduled a public hearing for May 4th at 2:30 to consider public comment. Any resolution passed at the hearing would then be incorporated into the County Code. Thank you for your observations. Keith

Post imported post

What public comment is there to consider?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Also, where will this be held? In Wenatchee? where? I will be in Wenatchee the 1st through the 4th. (My previous home town) APPLE BLOSSOM FTW!!!

Post imported post

I was going to email him back to raise the point of why public comments are needed but such an email would not serve a purpose. The county attorney will put in his thoughts and the council will go along with whatever he says. I am going to wait till after the council meets on the issue before pressing it further.

Post imported post

Wenatchee World ran a small story stating the city removed the firearm regulation from the park rules.

Post imported post

jimatwen wrote:
    Wenatchee World ran a small story stating the city removed the firearm regulation from the park rules.
    http://wenatcheeworld.com/article/20...WS04/705059967

Commission votes to allow guns in Chelan County parks

Commission votes to allow guns in Chelan County parks Posted May 05, 2009 WENATCHEE — Chelan County commissioners amended county codes on Monday to allow guns to be carried in county parks.

The county still does not allow the firing of guns in county parks, but will allow people to possess them, which is in accordance with state law. The county owns Wenatchee River County Park at Monitor and Ohme Gardens.

The change came after someone called the county and inquired why gun possession was banned in county parks when state law allows it.

No one from the general public attended a public hearing on Monday or submitted comments.

— Michelle McNiel, World staff
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

Congratulations and Kudos to those involved in making this happen.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    kenshin wrote:
    jimatwen wrote:
    http://wenatcheeworld.com/article/20...WS04/705059967

Commission votes to allow guns in Chelan County parks

Commission votes to allow guns in Chelan County parks Posted May 05, 2009 WENATCHEE — Chelan County commissioners amended county codes on Monday to allow guns to be carried in county parks.

The county still does not allow the firing of guns in county parks, but will allow people to possess them, which is in accordance with state law. The county owns Wenatchee River County Park at Monitor and Ohme Gardens.

The change came after someone called the county and inquired why gun possession was banned in county parks when state law allows it.

No one from the general public attended a public hearing on Monday or submitted comments.

— Michelle McNiel, World staff
    Did you notice the slant the press put on it? "state law allows it." Why didn't they tell the whole truth and say that state law forbid the county from making such bans and that the county commissioners would be breaking state law by not amending their codes. They made it look like it was "those pro-gun whiners" that caused the change.

And why even mention the public hearing? Their was nothing to comment on. Or are we supposed to give the commissioners a standing ovation for complying with state law.
    Let's look at the positive side. At leastChelan Countyknows that the law limits their authority to regulate guns. Far cry from Seattle and theirknowlege challengedmayor (PC speak for "Dumbass").
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"