• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Top 5 Most Dangerous U.S. Cities

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kwame Fitzpatrick's antics, at least the one where he assaulted a process server, might actually be part of his own city's stats that make it the Most Dangerous city in America.

Is ole Kwame still in jail, I wonder?

Top 5 Most Dangerous Cities:

No. 1 Detroit, Mich.

(Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, Mich., metropolitan statistical area)

Population: 1,951,186

Violent Crimes per 100,000: 1,220

No. 2 Memphis, Tenn.

(Memphis, Tenn.-Miss.-Ark. metropolitan statistical area)

Population: 1,295,670

Violent Crimes per 100,000: 1,218

No. 3. Miami, Fla.

(Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall, Fla. metropolitan statistical area)

Population: 2,401,971

Violent Crimes per 100,000: 988

No. 4 Las Vegas, Nev.

(Las Vegas-Paradise, Nev., metropolitan statistical area)

Population: 1,834,533

Violent Crimes per 100,000: 887

No. 5 Stockton, Calif.

(Stockton, Calif., metropolitan statistical area)

Population: 684,406

Violent Crimes per 100,000: 885

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/106978/America's-Most-Dangerous-Cities

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

All liberal run cities. If you look up a list of the safest cities in the US, you'll see that in every one, the town councils are made up of 90% Republicans and I would bet 100% Conservatives. I'd also wager they have hire per-capita gun ownership than the liberal cesspools.

PT111

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
All liberal run cities. If you look up a list of the safest cities in the US, you'll see that in every one, the town councils are made up of 90% Republicans and I would bet 100% Conservatives. I'd also wager they have hire per-capita gun ownership than the liberal cesspools.
that is because the cities are made up of law abiding conservatives rather than having anything to do with who is running the city. :)

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
that is because the cities are made up of law abiding conservatives rather than having anything to do with who is running the city. :)

That's what I said.;)

I trust my neighbors to be responsible and own a gun. The problem is that the anti-gun propaganda has permeated the conversation and poisoned the well "so to speak". The conversation is now always a tense one. I think that unless we can take most children away from the indoctrination centers, we'll lose them to the anti-gunners.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cities have liberal/conservative officials reflecting the majority of their respective populations. Simply, A city that has a predominately conservative voting population will have conservative officials running things. A city that has a predominately liberal voting pop will be just the opposite.

It would seem that if you find yourself living in a liberal city, the best thing to do is to move and let the riff-raff have it. Sooner or later it will become a cesspool of leaches and scoundrels and devour itself.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

DC is a Federal city mandated for in the Constitution. It has no allegiance to any State and has no right to representation as it is the city made for our representatives. If we had the true number of representatives we were promised in the Constitution, there would be nearly 8000 Congressmen and women in DC. Then we would have a more well rounded representative Republic.

But again, DC isn't a normal city in the sense that all cities are subject to the laws of the States they reside in. Also, the Fact that DC is a Federal city means that it cannot make any law that would abridge the RKBA as it is the Seat of theFederal Government.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Washington D.C.'s city government is a worse slam aginst black folks than the Amos 'n Andy show (which the City council resembles) ever was. Prince George's County, the wealthiest majority black jurisdiction in the USA, would not have the District as part of Maryland if they were offered it, and making D.C. part of Montgomery County would likely spark a revolt also. Ditto Virginia, where such a propossition would have even the liberal-schmiberal dweebs who run Alexandria and Arlington to issue FA assault rifles to a hastily-formed Citizen's Militia. Washington DC is FUBAR.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Washington D.C.'s city government is a worse slam aginst black folks than the Amos 'n Andy show (which the City council resembles) ever was. Prince George's County, the wealthiest majority black jurisdiction in the USA, would not have the District as part of Maryland if they were offered it, and making D.C. part of Montgomery County would likely spark a revolt also. Ditto Virginia, where such a propossition would have even the liberal-schmiberal dweebs who run Alexandria and Arlington to issue FA assault rifles to a hastily-formed Citizen's Militia. Washington DC is FUBAR.
That's because it is run by the Federal Government.... want to see what America will look like if the Fed gets any bigger? Look at DC.

Legba

imported post

I don't see this political connection. Cincinnati is plenty "conservative" and I know I don't want to hang out in the river valley proper, even during daytime. Likewise San Franciso, probably the most (in)famous "liberal" city in the country, didn't make the top 5.

-ljp