• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Richmond Museums???

Gunny5821

imported post

I plan on visiting the below listed Museums in Downtown Richmond, and wanted to ensure OC wouldn't be an issue:

The Holocaust Museum
The Edgar Allen Poe Museum
The War Memorial

I plan ok visiting tomorrow, Sat. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Gunny

Gunny5821

imported post

Just trying to dot the "i's" and cross the "t's", before I go into unchartered waters, if you know what I mean!

Gunny

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gunny5821 wrote:
I plan on visiting the below listed Museums in Downtown Richmond, and wanted to ensure OC wouldn't be an issue:

The Holocaust Museum
The War Memorial

Gunny
Have OC'd several times at the Holocaust Museum - never was an issue, not even a raised eyebrow.

The War Memorial also OK for OC.

Can't help you with the Poe Museum as have never been there - intend to one day.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gunny5821 wrote:

The Holocaust Museum
The War Memorial

Gunny

Holocaust & Poe museums are private. Have no idea if they have signs or attitudes as I have not been to either in a number of years.

Please let us know what you find out.

stay safe.

skidmark

essayons

imported post

I've OC'ed a few times at the VA War Memorial, no problems. I'm pretty sure it is state property and falls under preemption.

If you haven't been I suggest going to visit the Virginia Wall of Honor at the State Capitol (OC friendly), which honors Virginians killed in the Global War on Terror since 9.11.2001. There will be a ceremony on May 21st at 9am adding new names that is open to the public, and very moving.

Prophet

imported post

Maybe its just me but it seems like the Holocaust Museum would be the LAST place that you should have problems carrying. I mean, if 6 million jews aren't disarmed back in the 1930's and 40's then history changes a great deal.

To me "Never to forget" extends beyond just the atrocities but also the reasons why and how they were allowed to happen. Namely, the complete gun confiscation of the populace, their sheeple response to the loss of their own rights and the resulting genocide.

If you do get hassled at the museum I would bring up these little tid bits...im curious to the response.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Prophet wrote:
Maybe its just me but it seems like the Holocaust Museum would be the LAST place that you should have problems carrying. I mean, if 6 million jews aren't disarmed back in the 1930's and 40's then history changes a great deal.

To me "Never to forget" extends beyond just the atrocities but also the reasons why and how they were allowed to happen. Namely, the complete gun confiscation of the populace, their sheeple response to the loss of their own rights and the resulting genocide.

If you do get hassled at the museum I would bring up these little tid bits...im curious to the response.
As posted above: Have OC'd several times at the Holocaust Museum - never was an issue, not even a raised eyebrow.

That was my thought exactly when I first visited and though the staff definitely noticed, no one raised the slightest objection.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Prophet wrote:

As posted above: Have OC'd several times at the Holocaust Museum - never was an issue, not even a raised eyebrow.

That was my thought exactly when I first visited and though the staff definitely noticed, no one raised the slightest objection.

Yata hey

As amazing as it may seem, as a group American Jews are more likely to be opposed to to private firearms possession than almost any other group except the Brady Bunch. The "Never Again" thing seems to be more of a slogan or motto than something they are willing to take as a personal responsibility.

I know this because I was raised in the faith, and maintain contacts with many of the religious and social leaders. The disconnect is part of why I'm not still "officially" connected with the faith.

But I'm pleased to find out that Grapeshot has not encounterted any problems at the Holocaust Museum. It may serve as the impetus to visit.

stay safe.

skidmark