• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lewrockwell.com covers Chief Flynn debacle in Milwaukee

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/026476.html

SNIP

Chief Flynn, it should be noted, has mingled with the elite. Before being tapped to head the scandal-plagued Milwaukee PD in January 2008, he had been police commissioner in Springfield, Massachusetts and served stints as Chief of Police in Braintree and Chelsea, as well as Arlington, Virginia. He also served as Mitt Romney's Homeland Security adviser.

Flynn is a graduate of the FBI National Academy in Quantico, the National Executive Institute, and a former fellow at the Harvard School of Government. He sits on the Executive Committee of the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the Board of Directors of the Council of State Governments Justice Center.

Clearly, Flynn is no marginal figure, a fact that makes his perspective on civilian disarmament and militarization of law enforcement a matter of national concern.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Its really becoming very clear the kind of "law enforcement officer" Chief Flynn is. Last night on the local news there was a bravado piece featuring Chief Flynn bragging about arming his "troops" with "military grade assault rifles" (his words, not mine)

Watch the video clip on this link

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/43588112.html

All this from a guy that doesn't want law-abiding citizens to be able to holster a mere sidearm?????? Good grief.

He orders his "troops" to "take down" anyone whoopen carries a sidearm and one day later equips all his "troops" with "military grade assault rifles" (his words, not mine)

Welcome to the police state of Milwaukee. Check your civil rights at the county line. Papers please!

NightOwl

imported post

I support the idea of well armed law enforcement, I'm glad they got those rifles. However, when coupled with disarmed citizens...that makes me a little leary. Glad I don't live where Flynn works.

smithman

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Flynn is a very good example of a type of "law enforcement officer" that we do not need nor want. Knowing that many, not all, of his officers will cue on his attitude, what does that tell us about the rights of the citizens as far as the police are concerned?

Were I in Milwaukee (thank God I'm not, we've got enoug problems here in Alabama), I would be calling for the resignation or firing of Flynn. He has, in my opinion, violated his oath of office already by his statements.
Flynn is no longer upholding the constitution which he swore to do. Of course, prior to this statement, his upholding of the constitution was at best, dubious.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Ok guys, I see Flynn upgrading to Semi-Auto rifles a needed thing.

There is a fairly large criminal element in milwaukee that easily out-gun the police right now.

The problem that I have is when the police treat every person that they come in contact with as a criminal.

Lets look at what happened in LA a few years back, when two crooks armed with Semi-Auto rifles and body armor, and the police only had 9mm's, and 12GA shotguns with no slugs. That situation could have been neutralized quickly if the police had rifles that day.

All in all, I think he has the right idea, but his attitude towrds law abiding citizens needs to change drastically, he defenitely needs to be removed as chief of police due to his treatment of the people that follow the law!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Its really becoming very clear the kind of "law enforcement officer" Chief Flynn is. Last night on the local news there was a bravado piece featuring Chief Flynn bragging about arming his "troops" with "military grade assault rifles" (his words, not mine)

Watch the video clip on this link

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/43588112.html

All this from a guy that doesn't want law-abiding citizens to be able to holster a mere sidearm?????? Good grief.

He orders his "troops" to "take down" anyone whoopen carries a sidearm and one day later equips all his "troops" with "military grade assault rifles" (his words, not mine)

Welcome to the police state of Milwaukee. Check your civil rights at the county line. Papers please!

hugh:

I watch the video clip and didn't here the words "military grade assault rifles" did I miss it, or did they edit it out?

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

You know what, they did edit that segment. I watched it live on the TV and this segment which I posted a link to I didnt' watch (because I saw the live version) This clip form the internet starts about halfway through what really ran on television.

Ed Flynn was talking about these rifles that were "military grade assault weapons" that came from "the streets of milwaukee"

He used the term "military grade" several times in the on-air version.