• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opening Eyes in Sugarhouse

Bennelli

imported post

I never OC before today but I thought it would be good to OC while cutting the grass of my Rental Unit on 1300 East just North of 2100 South. This was done during rush hour, so the traffic was backed up to where I was cutting the grass. I did not make eye contact with the drivers stopped at the traffic light, but I knew they were looking.

I was there for about 45 minutes no LEOs showed up, the only person who reacted to my OC was my tenant who served over 10 years in Federal Prison! He is not allowed to be any where near a Firearm, I covered it when he came to say hello, he didn't know non-felons can open carry in Utah.

I never asked him what he did to be in Federal Prison but the fact that he can not own or be around a gun, tells you he was once a BG with a gun. I am glad to say he works a full time job and now has custody of his 12 year old boy, and he is learning what it is to be a Dad. Some people do come around even 12 years after being in jail, oh yeah he did some time at the point of the mountain as well.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Congrats on your first OC! :celebrate

Bennelli wrote:
I never asked him what he did to be in Federal Prison but the fact that he can not own or be around a gun, tells you he was once a BG with a gun.
To be fair to your neighbor, four time convicted felon Marth Stewart spent time in Alderson Federal Prisonfor crimes that had nothing to do with firearms. She too has beenstripped ofher second amendment right. :?