• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/ CC at Busch Gardens

HardChrome

imported post

I'm so sick of the whole restaurant carry issue. I don't even drink! Which makes it hard for me since I don't even think about whether or not a place sells alcohol.

RedKnightt

imported post

RoisinDubh wrote:
I sent an email to Busch Gardens last year about firearms and other general questions about their rules/regulations. They responded by saying that all firearms were prohibited including CC for CHP holders. However, LEOs are allowed to carry inside the park :banghead: But since BG has no metal detetors, carrying concealed directly on your person could get you inside easily. I'm just not sure of the legality of it given the ABC license(s).
Alternatively, if they don't want people carrying firearms in their park, you could respect their private property rights and either not carry, or if that is not acceptable to you, you could not go there.

ODA 226

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Thanks for your help! I'm in Germany right now and can't do this myself.....
Well, I think that if you leave Germany and take the Sky Tram across Italy to DragonLand, you can get back to the park entrance........hope this helps! :)

park_map.gif
LMAO!

45acpForMe

imported post

While I wouldn't mind CC-ing at Busch Gardens you better use a retention holster if they ever do allow OC. Nothing like a flying handgun coming out of Alpengeist. :lol: I figure CC-ing my pocket holster it ain't going no where with their additional restraints ontop of me. I guess it would be hard to draw though.:p Also the water rides might not be a good idea.

And yes ProShooter the map is hilarious!

BOJACK

Does anyone know if it is legal to CC at Busch Gardens. It has multiple places that sell alcohol.

Is it forbidden under the "restaurant" law to CC in CERTAIN areas in the park, or would CC be restricted in the entire park?

Any ideas?

Hope this helps.

Security Procedures
Busch Gardens® has increased security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into Busch Gardens for the safety of our animals and our guests: weapons, knives, any other type of sharp objects, straws, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
Busch Gardens is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.

http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-williamsburg/Park-Info/Know-Before-You-Go

I will not be going

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hope this helps.

Security Procedures
Busch Gardens® has increased security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into Busch Gardens for the safety of our animals and our guests: weapons, knives, any other type of sharp objects, straws, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
Busch Gardens is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.

http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-williamsburg/Park-Info/Know-Before-You-Go

I will not be going

Welcome to OCDO BOJACK.

You ovbiously missed that this thread is over 3 years old. Think you just set a necro post record. :lol:

Both of these are well know as not allowing guns/self-defense.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Before you go to a theme park you ought to know about this:

§ 59.1-520. Rider conduct; reports.

A. A rider, or his parent or guardian on a rider's behalf, shall report in writing to the owner or operator any injury sustained on an amusement device before leaving the owner's or operator's premises, or, if the parent or guardian is not present, then as soon as reasonably possible, including (i) the name, address, and phone number of the injured person; (ii) a full description of the incident, the injuries claimed, any treatment received, and the location, date, and time of the injury; (iii) the cause of the injury, if known; and (iv) the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses to the incident, if known by the rider or his parent or guardian. If the rider, or his parent or guardian on a rider's behalf, is unable to file a report because of the severity of his injuries, he shall file the report as soon as reasonably possible. The failure of a rider, or his parent or guardian on a rider's behalf, to report an injury under this subsection shall have no effect on the rider's right to commence a civil action.

B. A rider shall:

1. Obey the posted rules, warnings, and oral instructions for an amusement device issued by the owner, operator or an employee or agent of the owner or operator; and

2. Not intentionally act in any manner that may cause or contribute to injuring the rider or others, including:

a. Interfering with safe operation of the amusement device;

b. Failing to engage any safety devices that are provided;

c. Disconnecting or disabling a safety device except at the express instruction of the owner's or operator's agent or employee;

d. Altering or enhancing the intended speed, course, or direction of an amusement device;

e. Using the controls of an amusement device designed solely to be operated by the owner's or operator's agent or employee;

f. Throwing, intentionally dropping, or intentionally expelling an object from or toward an amusement device;

g. Getting on or off an amusement device except at the designated time and area, if any, at the direction of the owner's or operator's agent or employee, or in an emergency;

h. Not reasonably controlling the speed or direction of the rider or an amusement device that requires the rider to control or direct himself on a ride; and

i. Overloading an amusement device beyond its posted capacity.

Last edited: