• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/ CC at Busch Gardens

ODA 226

imported post

Does anyone know if it is legal to CC at Busch Gardens. It has multiple places that sell alcohol.

Is it forbidden under the "restaurant" law to CC in CERTAIN areas in the park, or would CC be restricted in the entire park?

Any ideas?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I know they check purses and backpacks before you enter. As far as the legality of it, I do not know. I think I remember seeing a no guns or weapons sign.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

IANAL but... as far as I remember... Just because there is an outside vendor (such as a stall) selling alcohol, does not mean the entire surrounding area is now off limits to CC. Remember, you are forbidden to carry *inside* a place with an ABC license. If you are not actively under or immediately at the stall itself, CC should be OK.

But as for the park itself, if I am remembering correctly... firearms are not permitted at all. CC and OC are forbidden there.

Glock27Bill

imported post

As far as their policy goes, I see nothing in their posted rules about guns.

Only pets, acceptable picnic items, smoking and attire.

Of course, they may still be posted. And I am not qualified to comment on the alcohol issue.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can't quote the poster or thread, but sometime back there was a discussion of this here, and a couple of people said they had been stopped and/or told that they couldn't carry in the park. I don't recall seeing any "No Guns" signage, and there's probably no point in calling: I'm sure the knee-jerk response will be "of course not!" (Perhaps we should start calling these folks "knee-jerks").

RedKnightt

imported post

Longwatch was there a couple of years back, and he reported it was posted:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=615&forum_id=7&highlight=Busch+Gardens

I think the ABC issue would depend on if you could take the beer from the restaurant/stall and continue to drink as you walk around. The licenses for the restaurants are issued as individual restaurant licenses for the Festhause, English Village, etc.

Pagan

imported post

My family and I go to Busch Gardens about 3-4 times a month. And beggining this year the posted no weapons signs at the gate have come down. The park was sold to a foreign company last year I believe and some policies may have changed.

So last night when we went, I ask the security guy at the gate if the entire park was now ABC ON since the signs designating where alcohol could not be taken had come down last season. He told me that everywhere in the park is ABC ON except for Dragon Land and the new Sesame street area. And the front of the park outside the gate is not ABC ON. So except in those 3 places only OC would be permitted.

Although about 3 weeks ago I swore I saw a guy with his kids CC'ing a 1911 style auto, it was printing fairly well. The security guys are probably not gonna let you in while OC'ing, I guess the only way to get in would be to CC up to the entry gate, then OC beyound that, although that may not be legal. I believe the ABCON prohibition against CC extends even to the PROPERTY of the establishment.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pagan wrote:
Although about 3 weeks ago I swore I saw a guy with his kids CC'ing a 1911 style auto, it was printing fairly well. The security guys are probably not gonna let you in while OC'ing, I guess the only way to get in would be to CC up to the entry gate, then OC beyound that, although that may not be legal. I believe the ABCON prohibition against CC extends even to the PROPERTY of the establishment.
In this case it might - I'm not familiar with the specifics of the place and the eateries. But remember that it's not "ABC-ON" that defines whether or not you can carry, but rather whether it's a "restaurant" or "club" as defined in Code of Virginia Section 4.1-100

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Yeah it was posted last time I went, and BG's restaurant licenses are for the entire villages, so one can walk around with a beer.

paramedic70002

imported post

Funny, I was there a couple weeks ago and saw people wandering around with beers in hand, and thought, oops! Sucks cause now I have tickets good til Sept 9 and I could have put that money elsewhere.

ODA 226

imported post

I have CC'd in BG in the past, avoiding Das Festhaus. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out about the ABC legalities for the park. (Va. Law, not if they prohibit at BG).

I was CC'ing there last year and they let me through with a 1911 under my shirt, but searched my wife's pocketbook! LOL!

ODA 226

imported post

I have CC'd in BG in the past, avoiding Das Festhaus. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out about the ABC legalities for the park. (Va. Law, not if they prohibit at BG).

I was CC'ing there last year and they let me through with a 1911 under my shirt, but searched my wife's pocketbook! LOL!

zoom6zoom

RedKnightt

imported post

A check of the database reveals only one active license for Busch Gardens: The Festhause

http://www.abc.virginia.gov/licenseeSearch/jsp/controller.jsp?task=licenseedata&license=28730

Interestingly, it is an ON and OFF license, meaning they can sell beer and folks can leave the premises with that beer and walk around. That would suggest to me that the Festhause has a limited on-premises consumption area, most likely the interior of the hall itself. That would be the only place one might legally be required to OC.

I looked on the website and couldn't find any policies concerning weapons. I've sent them an e-mail asking for a copy of all park policies/rules. We'll see if they respond.

According to some news reports about the Florida law concerning allowing guns in personal vehicles at work, Anheuser Busch is pro-2A:

"Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa and three parks owned by Anheuser-Busch Cos. at Sea World in Orlando are complying with the new law "because we support the Second Amendment and private rights," said Busch spokesman Gerard Hoeppner."

source: http://www.tampabay.com/news/article659828.ece?comments=legacy

I'll also ask the ABC SAC who answered the Wegman's/Dulles TC questions for me about the premises issue.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
A check of the database reveals only one active license for Busch Gardens: The Festhause

http://www.abc.virginia.gov/licenseeSearch/jsp/controller.jsp?task=licenseedata&license=28730

Interestingly, it is an ON and OFF license, meaning they can sell beer and folks can leave the premises with that beer and walk around. That would suggest to me that the Festhause has a limited on-premises consumption area, most likely the interior of the hall itself. That would be the only place one might legally be required to OC.

I looked on the website and couldn't find any policies concerning weapons. I've sent them an e-mail asking for a copy of all park policies/rules. We'll see if they respond.

According to some news reports about the Florida law concerning allowing guns in personal vehicles at work, Anheuser Busch is pro-2A:

"Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa and three parks owned by Anheuser-Busch Cos. at Sea World in Orlando are complying with the new law "because we support the Second Amendment and private rights," said Busch spokesman Gerard Hoeppner."

I'll also ask the ABC SAC who answered the Wegman's/Dulles TC questions for me about the premises issue.
Good call keep us informed. I am looking for an alternative to the No Gun King's Dominion.

ODA 226

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:

Thanks for your help! I'm in Germany right now and can't do this myself, but I'll be going to BG once I return next month.

RoisinDubh

imported post

I sent an email to Busch Gardens last year about firearms and other general questions about their rules/regulations. They responded by saying that all firearms were prohibited including CC for CHP holders. However, LEOs are allowed to carry inside the park :banghead: But since BG has no metal detetors, carrying concealed directly on your person could get you inside easily. I'm just not sure of the legality of it given the ABC license(s).

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Thanks for your help! I'm in Germany right now and can't do this myself.....
Well, I think that if you leave Germany and take the Sky Tram across Italy to DragonLand, you can get back to the park entrance........hope this helps! :)

park_map.gif

hellfogg

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Thanks for your help! I'm in Germany right now and can't do this myself.....
Well, I think that if you leave Germany and take the Sky Tram across Italy to DragonLand, you can get back to the park entrance........hope this helps! :)

park_map.gif

LMAO!!!:lol: