• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Joe's

dlnwoody

imported post

I went to Joe's yesterday to see what they had left. I went to the gun counter looking at range finders and decided to pick one up. The guy behind the counter didn't say a word about my gun. I then went to look and sleeping bag and was approached by security (lakewood town center security). She asked the questioned are you a cop. I said no mam just a citizen carrying a gun for protection. She said ok I just had a complaint that someone was carrying a gun and they were afraid I was going to hold up the place then she left. I thought ok that was not bad. Started making my way up front to check out and then the manager stopped me and said I needed to go put my gun in the car because they do not allow guns in their store. I asked when did that change because I always carrie in their store. He told me that they had a complaint about me. He had the attitude of he didn't care what was legal. I asked if I could take my item back to the gun counter and he told me that he would hold it until I returned. I politely said that's ok I will not be buying the item if I was not welcomed in the store with my gun and I walked out.

Now I know I should of talked to him and educated him but with his attitude and with the store going out of business I decided to just leave. I hope they made more money from the mom that was scared.

dlnwoody

imported post

That is why I left it at that. I never had a problem until then. Like I said before I hope the mother spent more than I was going to.

holeinhead

imported post

I don't OC much, but I have OC'ed a few times at the Kirkland Joe's, and I never had a problem. I even pointed out the gun when I was asking the gun counter guy what I could get to help touch up the blueing and had no :what: or :uhoh: reactions. I've spent almost an hour there one time (a friend works there) and no problems then either.

jbone

imported post

I never had any probelms with OC at the Burlington location.

Mainsail

imported post

Joe’s Sportsin Federal Way threw me out for open carry. I contacted the corporate offices and they informed me that any carry was not allowed in their stores. Nothing I could say would convince them otherwise so we put them on the Do Not Patronize list.

I would send them emails now and then telling them how much money I had spent at other stores that didn’t infringe on my rights or my safety but they didn’t care. In the end, it was the corporate attitude of ignoring their customers, about everything not just open carry, that did them in. This is a different world now. The internet can alert literally millions of people, customers and just readers, of bad business practices. If a business treats its customers like they don’t care, they will fail. Word of mouth is a powerful tool. No, their ban of firearms didn’t do them in, but it certainly added to the impression that people had of a corporation that didn’t care about its customers. Joe’s Sports lost its way because it forgot its roots. Good riddance.

dlnwoody

imported post

Mainsail, I forgot they were on their. I think the funny thing is I was in there a week ago and nothing was said and that day I was helped out at the gun counter.

just_a_car

imported post

Yano, I would have sworn they were on the DNP list, but I don't see them there... we did have a SNAFU at one point where we lost almost everything, but we regained almost all of it back and I was sure Joe's was on there from a while ago.

Mainsail, do you have a link for the post where you mention the incident? Not really relevant, since they're going out of business, but I'm just curious what the timeline is.

Nosrac

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
Mainsail, I forgot they were on their. I think the funny thing is I was in there a week ago and nothing was said and that day I was helped out at the gun counter.

If it was good ole Phil at the gun counter he doesn't care. I've tried to get decent service specifically from the manager about 5 months back and he hadresponsiveness and personality of a doorknob. I'm sure it's the same guy dnlwoody ran up against.

partyncwby

imported post

After they changed the name from GI Joes they went down hill in my book. It became more like a REI that sold windshield wipers and an occasional rifle. Just didn't like them or they're inflated prices.

partyncwby

imported post

Maybe I'm just getting old. It's hard to think about paying $10 for 9mm. Then again I sold mine awhile ago and haven't looked at plinkin ammo in a long time.

It's kinda like going to the gas pump and thinkin it wasn't that long ago I was only giving .68 a gallon for 89 octane leaded regular.

More then likely I'm just cheap, still can't bring myself to pay more than $20 for a pair of wranglers.

LongRider

imported post

Anyone have the phone number now would be a good time to call and gloat about their losing their job. Any company that does not respect the Constitution does not deserve to exist in the Untied States Of America

holeinhead

imported post

To be fair Longrider, it's private property. I don't agree with their policy, but constitutionally they have a right to restrict carry in their store. America is not about punishing someone for their opinion, so Joe's is not in any way less deserving to run their business in America. It's simply up to the consumer to decide if they want to shop there.

LongRider

imported post

holeinhead wrote:
To be fair Longrider, it's private property. I don't agree with their policy, but constitutionally they have a right to restrict carry in their store. America is not about punishing someone for their opinion, so Joe's is not in any way less deserving to run their business in America. It's simply up to the consumer to decide if they want to shop there.
Just as I have right to have a laugh over the closing of a store that has contempt their customers inalienable God given right to life and ability defend that life by requiring its customers to be unarmed defenseless while buying their over priced trash. Joe's like many other businesses seemed to have forgotten that they exist at the customers whim. They exist solely to service customers and when their self serving feel good policies take precedence over my families life and our civil rights they need to be shut down unemployed homeless and as far as I am concerned sent back to England or what ever fascist rock they crawled out from under.

IMO since they think that being a volunteer victim is such a noble role, they should experience first hand what it is to be an unarmed defenseless crime victim. Than maybe they will not be so adamant about creating safe havens for their rapists robber and murdering pals