Thread: OC in a barber shop

Post imported post

Taken from opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/11799-77.html

SpringerXDacp wrote:

the500kid wrote:
    . . .being covered by the barber apron [might be a bad idea]. I don't have a CPL.
    I am not a lawyer, but if you choose to OC at a barber shop without a CPL, I would strongly recommend that the apron does not cover your gun.
    Isn't a barber shop private property and can't you carry concealed on private property without a CPL, as long as you are the owner or have the owner's or his/her agent's consent?

If so,can't you open carry into a barber shop and if your barber sees it andcovers you with an apron, isn't thatimplied consent to your concealed carryby the owner/agent?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:

SpringerXDacp wrote:

the500kid wrote:
    . . .being covered by the barber apron [might be a bad idea]. I don't have a CPL.
    I am not a lawyer, but if you choose to OC at a barber shop without a CPL, I would strongly recommend that the apron does not cover your gun.
    Isn't a barber shop private property and can't you carry concealed on private property without a CPL, as long as you are the owner or have the owner's or his/her agent's consent?

If so,can't you open carry into a barber shop and if your barber sees it andcovers you with an apron, isn't thatimplied consent to your concealed carryby the owner/agent?
    Before our life-saving, CPL laws (28.425o) came along I would say yes. Now, due to Section 5o, I'm not sure if that's still the case. IOW, before Sec 5o, a non-CPL holder with the permission of owner/agent could OC or CC in the shop per the statue. Now, due to Sec 5o, I think the non-CPL holdermay only OC.

I kinda look at it as if we were discussing lawful places to OC for CPL holders. Section 234d, now, onlyallows CPL holders to only OC in the listed places (a)-->(h) due to Section 5o prohibiting CC in those areas for license holders. I do believe that CPL holders with permission from owner/agent may CC in those listed places.

God, I hope that makes sense. I'd really like to be wrong here.

Post imported post

I went to get my haircut a few days ago before I got my new concealed holster (silent thunder) and got some looks from the girls but no remarks. I didn't even think about the legality of OC under the apron because I have a CPL. I'll be interested to see how this turns out for the non-CPL OCers.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

The500kid and EM87, take a few minutes and review this thread. It will give you an idea of what i've been talking about.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...highlight=6500

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    DanM wrote:

Before our life-saving, CPL laws (28.425o) came along I would say yes. Now, due to Section 5o, I'm not sure if that's still the case.
    I read Sec. 5o of 28.425o and I don't see how it is relevant to our scenario discussed. Would you please cite the part of the law and talk about how you think it applies?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Edit: Due to brain fart.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    The500kid and EM87, take a few minutes and review this thread.* It will give you an idea of what i've been talking about.

I looked at the thread but didn't see anything that really explained what was being discussed. I assume it was for a partially concealed gun on someone without a CPL. Like I said in my last post though, I have a CPL so I'm not worried about this. I'll still be following this thread though, to learn all I can.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    The500kid and EM87, take a few minutes and review this thread. It will give you an idea of what i've been talking about.

I looked at the thread but didn't see anything that really explained what was being discussed. I assume it was for a partially concealed gun on someone without a CPL. Like I said in my last post though, I have a CPL so I'm not worried about this. I'll still be following this thread though, to learn all I can.
    At the time I thought I was posting in the Experiences Thread in an attempt to help support my opinion on IWB and flap holsters to The500kid. As opposed to mucking up the Experience Thread to continue discussion on barber shops,DanM chose to create a new thread. While I was reading/posting here, I thought I was still in the Experience Thread.

This is the post by The500kid I'm talking about

Having just gotten home last week. I started OC begining of this week. I carry a full sized 1911 in a military style M19whatever flap holster on a full fledged "cowboy" style gun belt with a double mag holster. I'm not very suddle about it. That being said I've gotten a few looks. Only one person has asked me if I'm a Cop (Shooters Service, Livonia). I open carry around my neighbor hood when walking my dog 2 hrs or so. Gander Mt. in Novi 30 min. A half dozen gun stores a few looks no coments. Hines Park for 2 hrs . Went tonight for an hr. lots of people were out a few looks from people, most people just wanted to pet my new puppy. most went back to walking only one 17 or 18 yr old kid looked me over pretty hard. I think it was more the "is he doing what i think he's doing type of look." I noticed a couple of stares when i walked into a resturant to pick up a take out order. I was only wearing my gun belt the hostess didn't say anything. i noticed some guy point me out to his wife. No negative experienses yet.

What's anyone's take on OC in a barber shop? I'm guessing with no CPL it might be a bad idea.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    DanM wrote:

SpringerXDacp wrote:

the500kid wrote:

Before our life-saving, CPL laws (28.425o) came along I would say yes. Now, due to Section 5o, I'm not sure if that's still the case. IOW, before Sec 5o, a non-CPL holder with the permission of owner/agent could OC or CC in the shop per the statue. Now, due to Sec 5o, I think the non-CPL holdermay only OC.

I kinda look at it as if we were discussing lawful places to OC for CPL holders. Section 234d, now, onlyallows CPL holders to only OC in the listed places (a)-->(h) due to Section 5o prohibiting CC in those areas for license holders. I do believe that CPL holders with permission from owner/agent may CC in those listed places.

God, I hope that makes sense. I'd really like to be wrong here.
    If it's a prohibited place via the statute you are right, but a barber shop is not so with permission from the owner or his agent you can OC or CC without a CPL.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.