• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BJ's Wholesale

RedKnightt

imported post

Did you have to sign a membership agreement? If so, is there any language regarding weapons in the agreement? The web site only had this for "conduct":

"11. Club Conduct In order to preserve the enjoyment of each Member's shopping experience, BJ's strictly prohibits running, horseplay, loitering, the consumption of alcohol or other disruptive conduct on its premises and reserves the right to require anyone engaged in such conduct to leave the Club."
I see nothing about OC/CC.

mobeewan

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
Did you have to sign a membership agreement? If so, is there any language regarding weapons in the agreement? The web site only had this for "conduct":

"11. Club Conduct In order to preserve the enjoyment of each Member's shopping experience, BJ's strictly prohibits running, horseplay, loitering, the consumption of alcohol or other disruptive conduct on its premises and reserves the right to require anyone engaged in such conduct to leave the Club."
I see nothing about OC/CC.

I'm sorry sir, your disruptive conduct is disturbing the other customers.:what:

Spectre

imported post

Well to be honest I have a membership, but my father was the one to sign the membership agreement. I just got the extra membership card.

mercutio545

imported post

We've been BJ's members since 1994 (They've been in Hampton Roads for a while now), and have never had any complaints whatsoever. I was glad to see that the one opened near Regency. I'd much rather shop there than at Sams.

vbnative73

imported post

I OC at the Va Beach location all the time and have never had a problem. I'm sure I was noticed because the self-service checkout always screws up and I have to call the clerk over to fix itand she approaches from my strong side.

Bubba Ron

imported post

We frequently OC in the BJ's in JANAF shopping center (off Virginia Beach Blvd near Military Hwy) and have never had any problems or been spoken to by management or staff personnel.

wylde007

imported post

I carry at BJ's in VB, but I only go in there because the missus gets a discount membership through VBEA.

They may support the 2nd Amendment, but they are crap on the 1st and they DO NOT respect Southron heritage.

http://spfldispatchonline.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/bjs-wholesale-bans-confederate-flags/
http://www.news4jax.com/news/19005697/detail.html

Of course, this is in Jacksonville, Florida... and not Virginia. But it's the same company and "policy" has a bad tendency to jump from one shop to another over time.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just OC'd at the BJ's in Hampton today with no problems. Last year on 2 different occasions I was OCing and had to speak with 3 different managers. They all noticed I was carrying my Kimber, funny looks but no problems.

Spectre

imported post

Sounds good to me with all the positive experiences folks have had. I only wonder because it's a brand new store in the peoples republic of henrico.

sidestreet

imported post

Don't know about the Henrico store, but don't let it deter you from doing what you think is right as far as carrying goes, and play the hand you get dealt. My co-worker's wife was beaten and robbed in the Mechanicsville store's parking lot a few (or more) years ago by a male and female. She was an elderly lady, and spent quite a while trying to recover. Sadly, it is said that she never really recovered and the injuries she received started her steady decline in health until she finally passed just a couple of months ago. I do what I feel is necessary for me...period.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.