Thread: CPL Class Today

Post imported post

Finished my class today, the wife and I actually, along with 12 other friends and co-workers, including two other wives.

Great class with a great instructor, up in Carsonville, just east of Sandusky.

Did my best to spread the word and the web site, still seems there is a lot of confusion out there amongst most involved in carrying a firearm, OC or CC.

One of the more interesting comments that was made was that starting very soon, if not already, that they are setting up the CPL licenses to expire on one's birthday. So, hypothetically, as it was explained to me, if I put in for my CPL and receive it before my birthday in June, then essentially I will lose out on a year of my license, as the five year term would be up before my birthday in the fifth year, they(the county/state?) would have it expire in June of my fourth year. Hope that makes sense. Has anyone else heard this? Can anyone confirm or deny?

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Finished my class today, the wife and I actually...including two other wives.
    :what: How many do you have?
    You are correct about the permits. They expire on your birthday like your DL.

Post imported post

Balls. Okay, so now I've got to wait until June~ish to apply for my CPL, that irks the pee outta me....

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Balls. Okay, so now I've got to wait until June~ish to apply for my CPL, that irks the pee outta me....
    Merely having to "apply" and pay for a right irks me.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Yeah, I thought it was odd when I saw that mine expires on my birthday. I didn't know that they made that change. I only got mine a few weeks ago.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Yeah, I thought it was odd when I saw that mine expires on my birthday. I didn't know that they made that change. I only got mine a few weeks ago.
    Look at this way, even if our CPL's were only valid for 48 months, that's $2.18 per month you pay for your permission slip. Most folks pay more than that for their Latte they get in the morning per day on their way to work.

Post imported post

Of course, I'd rather not pay for a right Constitutionally guaranteed either, and it's not really the money at this point that bothers me either, it's that I want it now, or rather ASAP, but in order to not be screwed out of a year, I've got to wait another month to apply

It's very inconvenient when I'm trying to OC

Post imported post

My CPL was issued in 2005 and it expires 5 years from the issue date, which is 6 months after my birthday. My co-worker got his 6 months ago and it expires on his birthday, shorting him nearly 9 months due to his birth date. Anyone know when this changed?

-Rob

Post imported post

Well I guess I timed my application right
    DOB 3/5
    Issue Date 3/5/2009
    Expiration Date: 3/5/ 2014 :celebrate

The gun board just happened to meet on my birthday lol

Post imported post

http://www.macombcountymi.gov/CLERKS...nLicensing.htm

Current turn-around time in Macomb....

3 MONTHS!? What the balls!?

With a dob in June, I guess I'm safe to go ahead and apply now....ridiculous.