• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Class Today

FatboyCykes

imported post

Finished my class today, the wife and I actually, along with 12 other friends and co-workers, including two other wives.

Great class with a great instructor, up in Carsonville, just east of Sandusky.

Did my best to spread the word and the web site, still seems there is a lot of confusion out there amongst most involved in carrying a firearm, OC or CC.

One of the more interesting comments that was made was that starting very soon, if not already, that they are setting up the CPL licenses to expire on one's birthday. So, hypothetically, as it was explained to me, if I put in for my CPL and receive it before my birthday in June, then essentially I will lose out on a year of my license, as the five year term would be up before my birthday in the fifth year, they(the county/state?) would have it expire in June of my fourth year. Hope that makes sense. Has anyone else heard this? Can anyone confirm or deny?

EM87

imported post

Yeah, I thought it was odd when I saw that mine expires on my birthday. I didn't know that they made that change. I only got mine a few weeks ago.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Yeah, I thought it was odd when I saw that mine expires on my birthday. I didn't know that they made that change. I only got mine a few weeks ago.
Look at this way, even if our CPL's were only valid for 48 months, that's $2.18 per month you pay for your permission slip. Most folks pay more than that for their Latte they get in the morning per day on their way to work. :)

FatboyCykes

imported post

Of course, I'd rather not pay for a right Constitutionally guaranteed either, and it's not really the money at this point that bothers me either, it's that I want it now, or rather ASAP, but in order to not be screwed out of a year, I've got to wait another month to apply :(

It's very inconvenient when I'm trying to OC :(

Rob Washeleski

imported post

My CPL was issued in 2005 and it expires 5 years from the issue date, which is 6 months after my birthday. My co-worker got his 6 months ago and it expires on his birthday, shorting him nearly 9 months due to his birth date. Anyone know when this changed?

-Rob

maahes

imported post

Well I guess I timed my application right :D
DOB 3/5
Issue Date 3/5/2009
Expiration Date: 3/5/ 2014 :celebrate

The gun board just happened to meet on my birthday lol