• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first positive encounter

YllwFvr

imported post

Most of the time I just get the funny looks, but I see everyone else is always getting talked to so I'd run it over in my head several times what I would say/do. So heres what happened.

Im hitting Burger King at about 1030 pm (getting ready for my switch to nightshift at work) and there three groups of people in the place when I order. From where I am only one group can see me and sure enough with a casual glance in that direction a boy of about 8 is stabbing his finger at me and trying to get mommas attention. I order and have a seat, which puts an island between them and me but another group of four young men (bout 26)can see me.

So Im watching the news when one gets up and goes out of his way to empty his tray near me. So I go up a level on alert and sure enough he walks by me then spins around and asks me if what Im doing is legal. I assure him it is then get asked if Im a police officer. I told him I wasnt and got out a pamphlet from my left cargo pocket and handed it to him as I imformed him of where you can carry. and how its legal to OC without a permit outside of your car. He took the paper but didnt look at it as his three friends join him.

He told me they were from Buffalo headed to Madison Square Garden to watch a Bball game and had swung down to get some food, and they think us Pa folks are crazy and they were all laughing and joking with me about how nuts we all are down here. He gave me back my paper and asks for refined directions, then told me it was pretty cool that its allowed but he wouldnt have the guts to do so even if it were allowed.

They told me about the deal they got on the tickets ($100 is too rich for my blood) and headed out, giving me a friendly wave.