• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airsoft Training Aid

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Does anybody have direct experience with a quality 1911 airsoft - brand & source appreciated.

Want a metal gun with gas/blowback - would love to find Commander size but may have to settle for full size.

Yata hey

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Does anybody have direct experience with a quality 1911 airsoft - brand & source appreciated.

Want a metal gun with gas/blowback - would love to find Commander size but may have to settle for full size.

Yata hey

I too thought that airsoft would be a good training alternative to live fire. I was wrong, and I'd be willing to bet you'll find that out, too. Airsoft rounds are so light and move so slow that you'llgain moreexperience with indirect fire than anything. I guess they provide an interesting study source for long range ballistics in a short range setting....

Anyway, from my experience, I will tell you that if you want a decent quality metal framed blow-back 1911 airsoft, it's going to cost roughly the same amount as a real handgun. This is the reason that I don't own anything but a few cheap plastic ones, and a lot of real ones :D.

EDIT: Ok, so you can find metal 1911 blow-backairsofties for $100 and up. The quality is unknownat that price, though. http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-KJW-1911-M.htm

headhunter09

imported post

Ok guys i have to post because airsoft is my hobby aside from OCing. I have been playing for about 4 years now and it does teach you alot about guns in general. Now if you are looking for a great 1911 style gas blow back then i would suggest looking on www.evike.com and not airsplat. Evike has better brands and better prices, i have bought some great guns from them. I do think airsoft has taught me about being aware of everything around me, it teaches you to handle a gun in the correct manner, and you can learn all kinds of tactical stuff, clearing rooms, shooting positions. Yes you do tend to watch the bb rather then focus on using your sights but you can train yourself not to watch the bb. Another great part of airsoft is the guns are very close in size and break down, just like the real steel guns, my glock breaks down the same as my real glock. The m4 breaks down the same as the real m4, same as the ak47 or g36c. I have even worked with boise swat on training 30 marine recruits about room clearing and tactical entry and the local sherrif uses airsoft to do there trainning. So that is my two sents and if you guys want to know anything else about airsoft just let me know. Also this is the tokyo marui limited edition stainless hi-capa custom and it goes for about $200