• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC .45

Alexcabbie

imported post

Making something for a dime and selling it for multiple dollars is what the big boys do all the time. You don't have to actually MAKE the tool in production. Just get the patent and sell it to Kimber or whoever. Play your cards right and you could sell the rightss for $5,000 to $50,000. All you need is to secure the RIGHT to make it and sell it. And it really is not all that hard. There must be patent attorneys somewhere who will work on contingency (for a good idea)

ashecht

imported post

try looking for a Bersa uc .40, or .45. Firestorm mini 40 or 45 are Bersas branded for the US. Well made handguns, very reliable and accurate. Lifetime warranty out of a gun shop in Colorado. A .40 or .45 can be had for 350-400 bucks with all of the quality of a Sig or a Glock, but not the fancy name-or the pricetag that goes with it!

reconvic

imported post

Think of how much is your life worth? I carry only .45's either 1911 or SIG's 220;s For carry My Dan Wesson CBob is great.
S/F Vic

Michigander

imported post

TehGruu wrote:
I'm not a very big guy. I'm like 5'8" and a buck 60 with piano player hands so the Sig isn't going to be easy for me to conceal here in the upcoming TX heat.
I've found by experimenting at home (the only legal place for me to conceal) that I can hide my P220 down a side pocket of one of my 2 sizes too big pants I use for work. I am sized about an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than you, so we are similarly shaped.

You can also modify a pocket by cutting the bottom, and stitching in new fabric to make it deeper. Similarly, you can wear a longer, more baggy shirt to cover the handle if it's protruding. I don't think I'd carry a gun chambered in this manner, but if I had to conceal in hot weather, that's probably how I'd do it.

What I definitely wouldn't do personally is get a smaller gun just because I have to conceal it. I want the ability to aim well, I want full capacity, and I want the biggest round I can reasonably carry.