• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC anti-gun protest rally against bill ammendment

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

Quoted from the online story linked above--

"Yesterday, Omar Samaha, 25, whose sister Reema was killed in the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre, attended the rally and said the District should have a vote in Congress and authority over its firearms laws.

"Gun laws should be the people's decision," he said." (Red is mine)

And I agree about the Gun laws..... Should be the people's decision as USSC said in Heller-- an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT!

Basic gun laws said elsewhere much better than me....

Carry Always

Don't draw unless threatened or justified!

Don't put finger on trigger unless you are sure of target!

Don't pull trigger unless justified!

Hit your target with the goal of STOPPING THE THREAT!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The thing is that DC has a population of over a half mil and all they could round up for this anti-gun rally was about 75 people. And I suspect that some of them weren't even from DC.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The people in DC must be waking up. They live so close to the free state of Virginia that I guess we are influencing them. :)

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

DC cannot have a representative without a Constitutional Amendment, and everyone should fight that Amendment.

Second, someone should have asked this dude what number his sister was. If she was a number higher than 5, she would likely be alive today if law abiding students were allowed to carry on campus. The gunman would likely have been stopped near or before his fifth victim.