• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg gun turn in went really well...

Glock27Bill

imported post

Yeh, I saw the pics of those:

EVA%20Form%20Toy%20Gun_357.jpg

2006115223521_large.jpg

I feel safer, and I live in Fairfax County!

GoldDot

imported post

BWAHAHAHAA.

One of the two will now have an old cop car of questionable mechanical status, no warranty, and will have to pay taxes, registration, and insurance probably worth far more than the gun surrendered. I doubt that the turn-in program covered the taxes.

Doesn't seem like such a good deal to me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
They got two guns total.
That is totally hilarious, to funny for words. :celebrate

Picnic and a retired police cruiser - wonder how much total value was expended.

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I love it !!!!!!:celebrate

Two whole guns. And the newsbots called it a "Small but meaningful start". :lol:Translation into English: "A public relations laughingstock". But they would have only used those terms if this had been a pro-gun event.

I'll bet you anything someone desperately went out to some parishioners and said "This thing is falling apart. We have to hand in at least a few guns, or all the organizers and the Reverend will look ridiculous!" That's probably how they got the 2 guns at the last minute.

Methinks Obama's election not only led to massive increases in gun and ammo sales, but pretty much dried up interest in people just handing in guns. Liberals included, I guess. They only found two, who probably had a few guns left back home.

If someone wants to draw a huge crowd, the cops could announce the give-away of used cop pistols if people turn in toxic waste or something. The traffic jams would be incredible.

Tomahawk

imported post

In a day when guns fly off of shelves faster than they can make them, what idiot thinks a gun turn-in is going to work? In Lynchburg of all places?

Leviathan defies logic.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I would have taken the Crown Vic for my Ruger P-90 with a cracked frame. Maybe I could have beat the slide back on with a hammer. It may have LOOKED like it was serviceable, but it wouldn't be worth the GAS $$$ driving all the way out there...

Goliath

imported post

From what I saw on the news, it was an Impala instead of a crown vic, and if I remember right, the thing had transmission trouble.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow that is good news. I felt terrible not getting the chance to try to block this things somehow, but perhaps this is a better result in the end. Any further attempts to run such a stupid stunt could run into trouble when someone points out the utter failure of this stunt. :)