Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Portsmouth incident?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    215

    Post imported post

    I don't have details, but I've heard rumors that there was a particularly "bad" open carry incident in Portsmouth, NH recently.... who is up for an Open Carry litter clean up there May 2nd 3pm?

    Anyone from Portsmouth know a good place to park/meet up and clean up litter?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    214

    Post imported post

    I've been looking for information but haven't seen anything yet. Anyone know what did or did not happen?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Epsom, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    149

    Post imported post

    http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...-NEWS-90216030

    not quite in Portsmouth but in Stratham at a rite-aid.granted ther guy didn't have a holster but had his gun inthe waistband of his pants (SOB).that was the closest to a OC incident in or near portsmouth..


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    215

    Post imported post

    nh92d wrote:
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...-NEWS-90216030

    not quite in Portsmouth but in Stratham at a rite-aid.granted ther guy didn't have a holster but had his gun inthe waistband of his pants (SOB).that was the closest to a OC incident in or near portsmouth..
    At least there isn't an article every time I get stopped....lol

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Epsom, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    149

    Post imported post

    doobie wrote:
    nh92d wrote:
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...-NEWS-90216030

    not quite in Portsmouth but in Stratham at a rite-aid.granted ther guy didn't have a holster but had his gun inthe waistband of his pants (SOB).that was the closest to a OC incident in or near portsmouth..
    At least there isn't an article every time I get stopped....lol
    If it does happen again..i wonder if another call to the Moniter would wake someone up..?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    214

    Post imported post

    Well that solves that. Don't they make SOB holsters, so it could have been in one instead of just the waistband. Is it really necessary for the police to request harassment from other agencies? The only issue was that he appeared to be carrying a handgun, shouldn't be no issue anyway.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    1,413

    Post imported post

    nh92d wrote: From that article:

    Officer Chuck Law of the Stratham Police Department said there appears to be no crime involved in the 6 p.m. incident on Portsmouth Avenue. The department has put out a request to surrounding police departments to stop and check the identification of the driver of an older model Toyota pickup truck that the man is believed to have been driving.
    WTF? No crime involved, but STOP THE MAN ANYWAY?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    timf343 wrote:
    nh92d wrote: From that article:

    Officer Chuck Law of the Stratham Police Department said there appears to be no crime involved in the 6 p.m. incident on Portsmouth Avenue. The department has put out a request to surrounding police departments to stop and check the identification of the driver of an older model Toyota pickup truck that the man is believed to have been driving.
    WTF? No crime involved, but STOP THE MAN ANYWAY?
    Aren't they nice? No crime, but help us harass the gun owner if you please. Make up any excuse, just stop and ID him, because we want to know who he is.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •