• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portsmouth incident?

doobie

imported post

I don't have details, but I've heard rumors that there was a particularly "bad" open carry incident in Portsmouth, NH recently.... who is up for an Open Carry litter clean up there May 2nd 3pm?

Anyone from Portsmouth know a good place to park/meet up and clean up litter?

nh92d

imported post

doobie wrote:
nh92d wrote:
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20090216-NEWS-90216030

not quite in Portsmouth but in Stratham at a rite-aid.granted ther guy didn't have a holster but had his gun inthe waistband of his pants (SOB).that was the closest to a OC incident in or near portsmouth..
At least there isn't an article every time I get stopped....lol
If it does happen again..i wonder if another call to the Moniter would wake someone up..?

trailblazer2003

imported post

Well that solves that. Don't they make SOB holsters, so it could have been in one instead of just the waistband. Is it really necessary for the police to request harassment from other agencies? The only issue was that he appeared to be carrying a handgun, shouldn't be no issue anyway.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nh92d wrote:

From that article:

Officer Chuck Law of the Stratham Police Department said there appears to be no crime involved in the 6 p.m. incident on Portsmouth Avenue. The department has put out a request to surrounding police departments to stop and check the identification of the driver of an older model Toyota pickup truck that the man is believed to have been driving.
WTF? No crime involved, but STOP THE MAN ANYWAY?

Thundar

imported post

timf343 wrote:
nh92d wrote:

From that article:

Officer Chuck Law of the Stratham Police Department said there appears to be no crime involved in the 6 p.m. incident on Portsmouth Avenue. The department has put out a request to surrounding police departments to stop and check the identification of the driver of an older model Toyota pickup truck that the man is believed to have been driving.
WTF? No crime involved, but STOP THE MAN ANYWAY?
Aren't they nice? No crime, but help us harass the gun owner if you please. Make up any excuse, just stop and ID him, because we want to know who he is.