• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for some holsters any input would be great

steve

imported post

ok so my dog decided my holster was a great chew toy and ate it.....

So i'm lookin for 2 cheap holsters as I am very broke at the moment, any input directing me to a good place would be much appreciated.

holster for a walther p22 and hi-point 9mm

once again any help would be great

Veritas

imported post

steve wrote:
ok so my dog decided my holster was a great chew toy and ate it.....

So i'm lookin for 2 cheap holsters as I am very broke at the moment, any input directing me to a good place would be much appreciated.

holster for a walther p22 and hi-point 9mm

once again any help would be great
Keep your eyes peeled for gun shows coming up... you can usually score some inexpensive holsters (had a friend get a cheap IWB for $12 at one in Gibralter recently). Also, check online... find a retailer that has the holster you want, then search around for coupon codes to offer a bigger discount (or free shipping).

You might also try Craigslist for a used one. Or check your local gun dealers... sometimes they have clearance racks. I found a Blackhawk Level 2 Serpa holster fitted for a Glock 17 for under $20 on a clearance rack a few months ago. I don't carry a Glock, but my buddy does so I picked it up for him because I knew he needed it.

I'm not sure where Mt. Morris is in relation to Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills, but if you're not too far, I'd check out the MASSIVE Bass Pro Shop there. There are also a few discount sporting goods retailers in the mall... I think they have a factory outlet-type Dunhams.

Personally, I'm a fan of Blackhawk holsters for OWB and Comp-Tac holstrers ofr IWB. Figure on spending about $40 to $50 on a Blackhawk and $60 to $80 on a Comp-Tac. But like I said, if you go online, sometimes you can find coupon codes. Just find the store you want to buy from, then Google search the name of the store + "coupon code".

Good luck!

Michigander

imported post

What I would do in that case is simply go in and ask if they'd mind.

If the say they'd rather you not do that, another option would be to give them 20 or 30 bucks as collateral, and take a couple holsters outside to test fit in your trunk.

About Bass Pro Shops, they are rather anti carry, so I personally boycott them.

Veritas

imported post

Michigander wrote:
What I would do in that case is simply go in and ask if they'd mind.

If the say they'd rather you not do that, another option would be to give them 20 or 30 bucks as collateral, and take a couple holsters outside to test fit in your trunk.

About Bass Pro Shops, they are rather anti carry, so I personally boycott them.
I was at a Bass Pro Shop yesterday... as I approached the door, I saw a sign that said all weapons must be cased prior to entering. I removed my pistol and put it in my pocket then went about my business. I didn't buy anything... I just wanted to put my hands on a couple shotguns that I had been checking out online.