• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RITALIN / ADDERALL causes VIOLENCE

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Canada has banned ADDERALL / RITALIN for children due to violent behavior side effects such as our Columbine .

Ten million of our youth are now talking these kind of drugs . Childhood is not a disease and youthful energy does not need a treatment .

While we seat on our butts and refuse to unite under the cause of protecting the 2A , the next generation is being given drugs . While we can let's unite together and fight with our votes and then latter if needed we can be loner warriors for freedom .

SCHOOL VIOLENCE = RITALIN / ADDERALL

In the worse school mass murder disaster in American history 45 children were killed ages 7 - 12 and no guns were used . Let's point out the real causes and also know the real facts about the RKBA .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Do your medical records show that you had ADHD and were you given Adderall /Ridalin ? Will you be at risk of losing your right to own and use a gun ?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What do Ritalin or Adderall have to do with RKBA or some whackjob dynamiting a school?

Yes, the problem is the behavior of the folks who are breaking the laws, not with guns, dynamite, or drugs as inanimate objects. But those are not "the real causes and also know the real facts about the RKBA."

If my gripe about the loose use of language offends, please know that was not my intent. My intent is to point out that unless we communicate clearly, we will offer opportunities to the anti's to use our words and lack of clarity against us.

Unsolicited advice: 1) write 2) review 3) read critically 4) think about how it could be misinterpreted or used against your point 5) read critically again 6) decide if it really needs to be posted 7) hit either "delete" or "submit". 8) hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

stay safe.

skidmark

newgunguy

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Canada has banned ADDERALL / RITALIN for children due to violent behavior side effects such as our Columbine .

Ten million of our youth are now talking these kind of drugs . Childhood is not a disease and youthful energy does not need a treatment .

While we seat on our butts and refuse to unite under the cause of protecting the 2A , the next generation is being given drugs . While we can let's unite together and fight with our votes and then latter if needed we can be loner warriors for freedom .

In the worse school mass murder disaster in American history 45 children were killed ages 7 - 12 and no guns were used . Let's point out the real causes and also know the real facts about the RKBA .

Do your medical records show that you had ADHD and were giving Ridalin ?
Is this a news story? You didn't copy and paste this from somewhere?

Is this serious?

Really?

.... Really?

Have you ever taken Adderall or Ritalin? Do you even have ADD or ADHD?

I have ADD. I have taken Adderall AND Ritalin (both at seperate times). ADD is very real and a lot of people need it just to get by.

I have taken Adderall all my life and have never been prone to violence or any such thing. I have no mental history of any kind. Where do you get off making such rediculous assumptions?

Adderall DOES NOT equal school violence! Who do you think you are! These children that do these violent acts all had prior mental history. Adderall should not be given to those that do have a mental history. But you assume that ADD and ADHD are not real and then go flying off the hook with your wild speculation writing off an entire group of law abiding and responsible citizens as vicious and violent mental wackjobs.

Please THINK. Please use logic and don't make things up.

wrightme

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:

Do your medical records show that you had ADHD and were giving Ridalin ?
Well, the obvious first flaw I detect is the "equation" you use.

It is not supportable from either direction, and I would guess from your rambling entry paragraph that your actual statement should be the opposite of the one you made....unless you are attempting to allege that school violence causes ritalin/adderal use. :?
Then, just what does a school bombing by a disgruntled school board member who blamed the school district for over-taxing him into foreclosure have to do with ritalin?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

The anti-gun zealots passed the anti-gun bill H.R.2640 that bans the ownership and use of a gun due to a ADHD diagnosis .

Do you think or feel that being barred from owning a gun because some teacher suggested Ritalin treatment important ?

This is now Public Law No : 110 - 180

My son Michael was almost given Ritalin however I suggested the teacher to take it instead to the doctor writing out a mind altering drugfor my 7 year old . Canada has linked violence with it as should our FDA .

I take responsibility and never blame . Itis not guns that kill .

The Bath School Disaster isthe number one example of the person doing something evil without the use of a gun at a school . And the use of Ritalin , Luvox , Prozac , Adderal , and generics should be also made part of the violence equation and not our RKBA .

wrightme

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
The anti-gun zealots passed the anti-gun bill H.R.2640 that bans the ownership and use of a gun due to a ADHD diagnosis .

Do you think or feel that being barred from owning a gun because some teacher suggested Ritalin treatment important ?

This is now Public Law No : 110 - 180

My son Michael was almost given Ritalin however I suggested the teacher to take it instead to the doctor writing out a mind altering drugfor my 7 year old . Canada has linked violence with it as should our FDA .

I take responsibility and never blame . Itis not guns that kill .

The Bath School Disaster is an example of the person doing an something evil .

If you had a specific as you now show in your OP, your intent would be much more clear.
Where is Ritalin banned in Canada? Is this recent?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... wrightme ...

Reread above .... Canada has banned ADDERALL/ RITALIN ... [ and generics ] ...

This Veteran's disarmament Public Law No 110 - 180is of high concern to this disabled Vet. And the attack on our 2A by associating returned veterans with extreme right wing groups by Obama and Janet Napoliano is just laughable . By linking ADHL to the RKBA is not laughable .

wrightme

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
... wrightme ...

Reread above .... Canada has banned ADDERALL/ RITALIN ... [ and generics] ...

This Veteran's disarmament Public Law No 110 - 180is of high concern to this disabled Vet. And the attack on our 2A by associating returned veterans with extreme right wing groups by Obama and Janet Napoliano is just laughable . By linking ADHL to the RKBA is not laughable .

Where have you seen a link between ADHD and prohibited persons?

As to the "Ritalin/Adderall" mention, here is a discussion on the Adderall XR ban in canada. If the article is accurate, the ban was due to a small number of deaths; at a rate less than that in the general population. No mention was made to any violence as you allege. Is there new news from Canada alleging a violence link to either Ritalin or Adderall?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... wrightme ...

Thank you for being concerned about veterans not being labeled as PROHIBITED PERSONS.The anti-gunners must be stopped at every turn . Your legal term prohibited person does apply and a google search of the above will reveal many pages of info linking : ADHLand anti-gun bill H.R. 2640 [ better known as the Veteran's Disarmament Bill ] which is now Public Law No 110 -180.

wrightme

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
... wrightme ...

Thank you for being concerned about veterans not being labeled as PROHIBITED PERSONS.The anti-gunners must be stopped at every turn . Your legal term prohibited person does apply and a google search of the above will reveal many pages of info linking : ADHLand anti-gun bill H.R. 2640 [ better known as the Veteran's Disarmament Bill] which is now Public Law No 110 -180.
I am not required to perform the research to support your claims.

Cite to authority. You presented claims:

a) "RITALIN / ADDERALL causes VIOLENCE"
Cite to authority. Present your case. Where is that link that you have seen where either of those drugs does as you allege?

b) "ADHD means no RKBA as an ADULT"
Cite to authority. Present your case. Where is that from H.R.2640 that causes ADHD to be a means of introduction onto the list of "prohibited persons?"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Razor is on the right track. The problem is the abbreviated nature of the presentation of the material.

This is a subject that does not easily connect the dots in three posts on an internet discussion forum unless the readers already have some familiarity with one or more elements of the picture.

Don't take Razor's comments too narrowly, or as though there are no exceptions. Treat them as an overview sound-bite.

Dig into the subject on your own time. Its chilling.

wrightme

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Razor is on the right track. The problem is the abbreviated nature of the presentation of the material.

This is a subject that does not easily connect the dots in three posts on an internet discussion forum unless the readers already have some familiarity with one or more elements of the picture.

Don't take Razor's comments too narrowly, or as though there are no exceptions. Treat them as an overview sound-bite.

Nope.

If he has a point to make, his topic-jumping will not present it well. His original post presented a vague, unsupported correlation, and subsequent undocumented assertion that ADHD was cause for "prohibited person" status due to H.R.2640. Beyond that, he has presented nothing concrete.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wrightme wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Nope.

If he has a point to make, his topic-jumping will not present it well. His original post presented a vague, unsupported correlation, and subsequent undocumented assertion that ADHD was cause for "prohibited person" status due to H.R.2640. Beyond that, he has presented nothing concrete.

Yes. I know. That is why I said what I said. The data is out there. Its his presentation that is causing the problem.

He can't present much of anything concrete. Not on an internet discussion forum. It would take reams of bandwidth (I just invented that metaphor).

As I said, don't take anything he wrote too narrowly.Having more than a little familiarity with the subject matter myself, I can say there is a lot of information just back of what he writes.Itsmy familiarity with the subject that helps me recognize what he's talking about. The problem is that only those who are already familiar with the body of information will recognize what he's talking about and trying to say. To those who are not familiar, his postings will look like so much disconnected gibberish.

Rather than fight with him, why not godo a little research project and see if you can find information that tends to support in the direction he is talking. Before you start, just know that it is going to take a while. The less familiar you are with the subject area, the more backround/foundation information you will have to review.

I'm talking evenings for two weeks or more. There is A LOT of information to review.

wrightme

imported post

If there is this supposed wealth of information about it, then he should link it. If you know where this supposed wealth of information is, you should link it. Frankly, other than some false logic claim that ritalin causes violence, and some assertion that ADHD adds a person to the list, he has presented nothing but an unfocused rant. His main point (that you say is backed up by reams of bandwidth) is not even apparent.

YllwFvr

imported post

I thought we were supposed to cite our information? I see quite a bit Citizen asks someone to cite but not here. Whats the deal?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

YllwFvr wrote:
I thought we were supposed to cite our information? I see quite a bit Citizen asks someone to cite but not here. Whats the deal?
You know, I thought about it in a scholarly context. I was not thinking about it in terms of OCDO rules, I guess because the OCDO rule #7 speaks to points of law.

Razor,

Your poor presentation is causing people to reject your data.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. Not in you, but in the outcome. Especially given how important the information is.

Please take some time toget yourlogic, sources, and presentation in order.

Maybe start all over with a new thread.

YllwFvr

imported post

Citizen wrote:
YllwFvr wrote:
You know, I thought about it in a scholarly context. I was not thinking about it in terms of OCDO rules, I guess because the OCDO rule #7 speaks to points of law.

Razor,

Your poor presentation is causing people to reject your data.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. Not in you, but in the outcome. Especially given how important the information is.

Please take some time toget yourlogic, sources, and presentation in order.

Maybe start all over with a new thread.
Thank you. I used to read Razors threads regularly but he makes quite a few and if I had to dig for them all I would spend a good chunk of my time digging through thegoooooooogles

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wrightme wrote:
If there is this supposed wealth of information about it, then he should link it. If you know where this supposed wealth of information is, you should link it. Frankly, other than some false logic claim that ritalin causes violence, and some assertion that ADHD adds a person to the list, he has presented nothing but an unfocused rant. His main point (that you say is backed up by reams of bandwidth) is not even apparent.
OK, Wrightme. You're right. Razor's failure as a scholar means the information he is trying to pass onis very likely to be false.

Don't look into it. Don't waste your time.

wrightme

imported post

Citizen wrote:
wrightme wrote:
OK, Wrightme. You're right. Razor's failure as a scholar means the information he is trying to pass onis very likely to be false.

Don't look into it. Don't waste your time.
While you are likely being sarcastic, I will assume you are sincere.

Thank you for finally seeing the futility of this topic, whatever it is.

If the OP or you have some semblance of a statement to make that is backed up by something other than "go search for it," please present it. Otherwise, it is simply not useful for others to attempt to garner some direction to look to attempt to determine even WHAT is being alleged.

If it is such a hot topic for you or he, spend the time to present it clearly so that others can tell what the problem is.